PDA

View Full Version : Region 4 goat GOS help needed

BiG Boar
08-30-2013, 07:31 AM
Hey guys,
After 4 years of on and off successful goat hunting in region 4 (LEH areas), I have been bothered by out of province friends to take them for a try at goat hunting, as they don't have the opportunity to hunt them in their flat land province. I have lined up the first week of November to make a go at it for a weeks time. I am hoping to gather some suggestions on where to start looking. I know there is a lot of rough and rugged country that is hard to get to, but the LEH areas I was hunting in are all hike in access anyways, and we have always hunted the first week of November as that is when the coats seem to be fairly long. So that being said, I'm not afraid of some hard work. If there is anyone who would be able to help or point me in the right direction I would be very grateful for it.

PM's are best, I just don't want to go into this totally blind with guys coming out a long way for goats.

Note: I am fully aware of the risks involved with goat hunting in November.

coach
08-30-2013, 07:35 AM
Do you have access to a boat? Open-sights and I were in a pretty good area a couple years ago while on my grizzly hunt - but only access is by boat.

BiG Boar
08-30-2013, 07:46 AM
I have a 10 foot zodiak with 10 HP, if that helps.

GoatGuy
08-30-2013, 11:04 AM
Lots of areas, might be best to pick one then ask questions.

And get you application for a permit to accompany in asap if you're planning this fall.

BiG Boar
08-30-2013, 11:48 AM
yes I realize the rush needed for the application which is why I have to ask these questions now. I didn't think getting the permit would take 2 months, but realize now that might be the case.