PDA

View Full Version : Texada Island Hunting??

Dorikaze
08-26-2013, 12:48 AM
Hi guys figure I could ask you guys for some input on when and were to hunt on Texada. I've thinking about it for a long time now and have decided to go this year, Looked around on the forum and found a bunch of old posts about it wondering if still true about everything I can see. Thanks guys

smeegle
08-26-2013, 08:09 AM
there is a lot of deer on the island but also a lot of pressure like most places get out of the truck and walk the tree lines/cut blocks for better success. My best tactic for there is actually to situate myself 30/40 meteres inside the tree line on top of a bluff and just wait for the herd to move out to forage or get scared back into the "safe zone" when the road hunters come flying around at mock ten.

elcazador
08-26-2013, 09:04 PM
I'm going to the island for opening bow season, I'll be around the airport and if cant see a herd I will walk the edge forests on the new cuts. Should be great hunting without the deer being spooked by the gun fire!

avadad
08-26-2013, 11:17 PM
Give yourself several days as you need to figure things out. Stop in at the Inn and talk to the owner. He is full of good info.