PDA

View Full Version : Big Bear close encounter

srupp
08-25-2013, 11:47 AM
yesterday coming back to Williams Lake code 3..lights and sirens..I see something streaking towards the highway ,,,I start slowing down..near the old Loran C site,, and here somes a giant black bear..I mean BIG BOY..its 7 pm.. and I tell my partner Im stopping..so I apply the brakes and the bear stops right in front of "the company vehicle ":mrgreen: just off the yellow center line and scowling at the sirens and all the noise...the bear was a 7 foot boar and huge and fat and sassy..however his head was enourmous...big and round ...maybe a meat head maye a booner..but definatly hard of hearing now:wink:

Rackem
08-25-2013, 01:01 PM
Damnit where's the picture? Such a tease...

newhunterette
08-25-2013, 01:10 PM
Ellen, quick learn........................Srupp is one who tells a story for days and pics arrive eventually.................but we still luv him cause he is one of the best HBC'rs when it comes to helping out a hunter in need of information

Steven..........................did you take pics of this said bear....................cause you know the mantra......"this thread means nothing without pics"

Big Lew
08-25-2013, 01:12 PM
yesterday coming back to Williams Lake code 3..lights and sirens..I see something streaking towards the highway ,,,I start slowing down..near the old Loran C site,, and here somes a giant black bear..I mean BIG BOY..its 7 pm.. and I tell my partner Im stopping..so I apply the brakes and the bear stops right in front of "the company vehicle ":mrgreen: just off the yellow center line and scowling at the sirens and all the noise...the bear was a 7 foot boar and huge and fat and sassy..however his head was enourmous...big and round ...maybe a meat head maye a booner..but definatly hard of hearing now:wink:

Nothing beats experience! Could have been nasty if you didn't follow your intuition and kept on trucking....good stuff Steve!

Rackem
08-25-2013, 01:13 PM
LOL he IS a tease then...

Big Lew
08-25-2013, 02:42 PM
Would you want an ambulance driver to dilly dally around taking pictures if he was responding to your 'code 3' emergency?

Amphibious
08-25-2013, 02:44 PM
So.... a "close encounter" is one that happens from the safety of a mobile steel cage? ;)

Rackem
08-25-2013, 02:47 PM
I suppose not LOL! But maybe, if it was big like that :-D...I forgot he was an ambulance driver, I thought he was speaking metaphorically for speeding haha.

srupp
08-25-2013, 02:51 PM
hmmm I only stopped because I literally had to....I couldnt "bear to hit him.." lol ...and my cell phone does not take pictures...interestingly enough one of the other Paramedics had a close encounter with a big bear in exactly the same spot recently (I found this out after recounting the close call....bearly missed himn...ha ha haa

Big Lew..correction bud..not an ambulance driver ... paramedic for 11 more blocks...

Thanks Ali...but the photos always arrive ..not in this case...

cheers
Steven

Rackem
08-25-2013, 02:53 PM
LOL @ the bear jokes