PDA

View Full Version : Heinz Leber knives

08-24-2013, 06:05 AM
I have a knife made in Heinz Lebers shop with a chip in the blade I would like to get fixed. I think it was made by the guy that took over or worked with him. Does anyone know if this business is still around in Hudson hope and any contact info. it was purchased around five years ago Thanks

bwhnter
08-24-2013, 06:47 AM
i believe you are referring to herbert friends. (not sure I spelled his last name right) If so herbert passed a way a few years ago and as far as i know no one has taken over since.

444marlin
08-24-2013, 11:53 AM
My buddy gave me a Heinz Leber knife "Elk Hunter" years ago.
We would stop at his shop at Huson's Hope every time we were heading up north.
His wife would take my knife and polish it and Heinz would touch up the edge.
A few years ago I tried contacting him as I wanted to purchase a knife for a present.
No response. I finally phoned the Huson's Hope Chamber of commerce and was told that he had suffered a stroke.
Sad as he was a master of his craft.

One Shot
08-24-2013, 12:46 PM
Heinz was a great guy and excellent knife maker, knew him years ago. Met him through two friends that shot with him regularly. Still have a couple of knives he gave me. Sorry to hear about the stroke.

08-24-2013, 12:52 PM
anyone know of any other knifemakers that could repair my knife

anotherone
08-24-2013, 01:04 PM
there is several knife makers on this site, not sure how many do repairs but i know that ddog can.

Wade
08-24-2013, 04:52 PM
Can you give us a pic of your knife? Chances are you can't repair your knife as put a piece back in. You probley have to file it out or change the shape of the blade a bit. I have 2 of his knives, they're good knives