PDA

View Full Version : LEH moose hunt area 3-30A

Onethumb
08-22-2013, 09:17 PM
Hi everyone! My friend and I have been priviledged and got ourselves an LEH hunt for moose in area 3-30A. We were wondering if anyone out there would help us out with a spot or 2 that we might get lucky at. All insight would be very appreciated, if you would like to keep it a little private please PM me and of course I am not looking for anyone's honey hole just a little help.
Thanks in advance

Darksith
08-22-2013, 11:09 PM
find water, find swamp, find moose 3-30 is a great MU...no help required

Weatherby Fan
08-22-2013, 11:23 PM
Hi everyone! My friend and I have been priviledged and got ourselves an LEH hunt for moose in area 3-30A. We were wondering if anyone out there would help us out with a spot or 2 that we might get lucky at. All insight would be very appreciated, if you would like to keep it a little private please PM me and of course I am not looking for anyone's honey hole just a little help.
Thanks in advance

Once you get that info could you forward it to me please.......I have an LEH for there to !
Thanks in advance
WF

Were the heck is Srupp when ya need him !

.257mag
08-25-2013, 03:06 PM
whens the draw?over the years me and buddies have had the draw in November and done very well, last oct we saw 4 bulls in one day

Weatherby Fan
08-25-2013, 03:43 PM
whens the draw?over the years me and buddies have had the draw in November and done very well, last oct we saw 4 bulls in one day

My draw is any Bull Nov 1-30

Onethumb
08-25-2013, 03:48 PM
Our dates are Oct 1st to 30. Cheers

Darksith
08-25-2013, 07:13 PM
hit it oct 1...find swamp and feed...rut will be in full swing, cow call before dawn I have draw 1 unit over, probably able to take both moose opening day if we really want to work...last year no draw, 38 moose in 10 days...2nd rut will be oct 20-28ish...thats the next best time other than the first week of oct.

Onethumb
08-26-2013, 04:06 PM
Thanks for your comment it gets me even more exited I do know there is moose there. Now it is time to wait for Oct till thenI am going to try and shoot a dear with my bow tonight. Good luck to you as well Darksith.

ElliotMoose
09-05-2013, 11:47 AM
Oct 1-31 is a great draw to have in that region. Quite a bit of pressure but still a pretty stable moose population. Get on google earth, find some promising areas off the beaten trail, get in there before dark and start working your cow calls. If you don't know the area well I would head up a day or two before your draw opens and try to locate some spots with fresh sign, indicating a good starting point to do some calling. Find the cows and Bullwinkle wont be too far! Glass the timber lines hard, you'd be surprised how many moose you pass that are hanging out just inside the treeline. PM me if you're still looking for a starting point. Weatherby Fan- We've had the November draw the last two years. All about finding the feed and covering ground. We found the end of the month to be more productive. PM me if you're still stumped on where to go as I have a few good "road hunting routes" out that way where we've had success. Cheers, Chris