PDA

View Full Version : Got my new sight today!

The Hermit
08-21-2013, 01:48 PM
Friendly courier (he hunts) dropped off an order of archery supplies for VantagePoint Outfitters today and low and behold at long last my new Axcel Vision HD HS sight was in the package! Now to get the new Limbsaver Proton all set up and sighted in before next Thurs when we jump on the first ferry (that sounds weird) en-route to call and chase the elusive elk around the EK!! Whoooo Hooooo! Talk about a kid at Christmas feeling! Wonder is killing a nice bull will be better than losing one's virginity?? Probably!!

Sofa King
08-21-2013, 02:00 PM
a pic would have been nice.
and no, killing anything doesn't hold a candle to getting popped.

Onesock
08-21-2013, 02:21 PM
Hermy-let us know when you finally do both eh!

kennyg826
08-21-2013, 03:09 PM
Be careful jumping on that first ferry

The Hermit
08-21-2013, 09:24 PM
Got everything mounted and the bow sighted in to 20 yards. Tomorrow I'll align the Leupold Vendetta and tune it all with broadheads. Heading up to VFGPA on Sat morning early to stretch things out to fifty yards. This set up is pretty quiet... Limbsaver quiet and no hand shock. fun fun fun.

Hey Kirk... next time you are in town drop in.... I'll teach you how to shoot a crossbow.

Onesock
08-22-2013, 12:46 PM
Ya think Billy?

Onesock
08-22-2013, 12:47 PM
Good luck chasin Elk Bill. Say Hi to everyone eh.

Bowzone_Mikey
08-23-2013, 08:53 AM
well grumpy old man ... you get yer stuff squared away?...;)

Hope yer Elk trips goes better than my Moose trip ;)

The Hermit
08-24-2013, 01:00 PM
Holy hell this rig is sweet! Spy and I went up to the range today to stretch out the distances and get all the pins in order. This is the first time I've ever had a sight mounted where our estimated pin gaps were PERFECT at 20. 30, 40, and 50 yards! I love the .10 size pins too... I went with a .19 for the top pin and the rest the smaller size, all green! The new Proton is smooth and quiet but much heavier with the big sight, and Vendetta on it - YIKES. But it is stable in the hand and the 80% let off is so nice when a guy is used to shooting a trad bow!

It took a long time and probably close to 50 times coming to full draw to get the Leupold Vendetta aligned with the 20 yard pin but now that it is done I'm impressed with how great the system works.

Pretty much all packed for the trip and anxious for Thursday to arrive!! Cheers