PDA

View Full Version : Grouse/Rabbit

KITIMAT TOM
08-18-2013, 04:49 PM
Hello,I have a nine year old nephew who is dying to go Grouse/Rabbit hunting this fall.I was thinking the Houston or Smithers area.Am I on the right track for area?Would also like to rent a cabin during this trip so any suggestions on accommodations would be great.

TOM

Singleshotneeded
08-19-2013, 12:45 AM
Hi Tom, My dad and I used to live in Kitimat, he worked at Alcan. We used to run across grouse on all sorts of logging roads around the area, but snowshoes are generally found as you're climbing up into the hills a bit...where there's brush by the road and pine in behind it.

two-feet
08-19-2013, 08:36 AM
Maybe try aspen bay cabins on chapman lake, good rabbit hunting around there just on the mainline as well as the spurs. Went out after work and got a couple the other day. Sun up, sun down best times. Tukki lodge also has cabins on babine in the same general area, usually see a mess of rabbits on the nilkitkwa rd as well. Might be a tough time of year to find a cabin rental?
Good hunting to you and the young fellah

nelsonob1
08-20-2013, 09:34 PM
You might want to check the regs on the grouse hunting - I believe that the nephew may have to be ten years old to hunt this regulated species and only if supervised under an adult hunting license. Bunnies should be OK though.