PDA

View Full Version : lets help a brother out

blackford
08-16-2013, 10:32 PM
http://www.theprovince.com/touch/story.html?id=8800016&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

My recommendation is we help a brother out.

Who is down for ponying up a few bucks each and buy this man a camera system . How cool will it be for huntingbc members to help the guy ..thoughts??

itsy bitsy xj
08-16-2013, 11:03 PM
Plain and simple that is terrorism

Whonnock Boy
08-16-2013, 11:07 PM
I will send a few bucks if something is set up. Good idea....

Sasquatch
08-16-2013, 11:09 PM
How brave to come in the dead of night and vandalize a seniors belongings. Shows just what these jerks are made of....

I'm in on a donation for a camera system for him.

BCKyle
08-16-2013, 11:09 PM
wow. I'd love to see those guys get caught. On the bright side (if there is one to be found) that kind of extreme behaviour is actually going to help work AGAINST the antis... which shows how stupid the ALF people must be if they think that illegal action and threats against a small business owner in his 70s is going to help any animals at all or bring public praise to their cause.

Just ignorant.

TheProvider
08-16-2013, 11:15 PM
Its amazing how much a group can threaten individuals and not have any illegal action taken against them.

Weatherby Fan
08-16-2013, 11:19 PM
Eugen mounted two 4 point Mule deer for me years ago did a great job of them.
I would gladly help out, it would be a great gesture on behalf of HBC members, and I agree totally that's terrorism pure and simple.

WF

The Silent Stalker
08-16-2013, 11:24 PM
Its amazing how much a group can threaten individuals and not have any illegal action taken against them.

X2, how can they do this with no lawful actions against them? WTF? Our system sucks, he should have the right to shoot anyone found messing with him or his wife after having threats like this made against him.

TheProvider
08-16-2013, 11:31 PM
X2, how can they do this with no lawful actions against them? WTF? Our system sucks, he should have the right to shoot anyone found messing with him or his wife after having threats like this made against him.
Whats worse is if he did catch them and shot them or at them we all know he'd be going to jail while the group would post messages about how violent and cruel gun owners and hunters are. Hell even if he hit them with a bat he would be charged.

The Silent Stalker
08-16-2013, 11:37 PM
Whats worse is if he did catch them and shot them or at them we all know he'd be going to jail while the group would post messages about how violent and cruel gun owners and hunters are. Hell even if he hit them with a bat he would be charged.

And this is why we suck. They made threats against him, publicly. He is now supposed to live in fear with no rights to protect himself? I agree he would be in trouble but how messed up is that? Why can't people see it's the radicals pressing for the incident to happen? They are terrorists, cowards and criminals.

shottyshooter
08-17-2013, 12:03 AM
Targeting someone for their way of life sounds like a hate crime - maybe he should use that angle to motivate some police action or greater public support?

tuner
08-17-2013, 12:59 AM
i'll pitch in if something is set up.

squamishhunter
08-17-2013, 02:18 AM
I'm in. ****in' granola munchers!

olympia
08-17-2013, 02:32 AM
im in, I also think we should remember him when we harvest an animal, lets give him as much business as we can

Hunt-4-Life
08-17-2013, 02:50 AM
"A man's home is his castle" is one of the oldest principles of common law, and I have heard of several cases where people have been aquitted of murder charges because they were defending themselves in their home. Guys talk about getting in trouble for defending themselves, but the thing to remember is being arrested/investigated is very different than being convicted. You have the right to defend yourself but the Judge needs to review if you did it within the scope of law. Thank God it's not just the Police that make that final call. I hope they catch these pricks.

blackford
08-17-2013, 05:44 AM
Mods *

being that it would gather news attention..do we want a rep from the website to administer the collection of fu nds? I am sure we have a paypal or bank account set up for hbc. Sounds like we have people interested

northernhunter
08-17-2013, 05:45 AM
You got that right the castle law in the states says if someone is trying to harm you or you're property you have the right to defend it, even if it means shooting them. Just make sure they don't get off you're property

laredo318
08-17-2013, 06:13 AM
You got that right the castle law in the states says if someone is trying to harm you or you're property you have the right to defend it, even if it means shooting them. Just make sure they don't get off you're property

The Castle Law, is not in effect in every state, if I am correct.
We have nothing like it in our country.

Glassman
08-17-2013, 06:29 AM
Im in personaly and I'll also set up a donation box at my shop. As well, I will donate some proceeds from every job I do at my automotive glass and tint shop until there is enough money for the camera system. If anybody needs glass work done on their car or pick-up let me know. I'm in Kelowna but would be happy to help a "fellow brother" in another town.
You know what they say, "what goes around, comes around"

Rackem
08-17-2013, 06:49 AM
I'm in. ****in' granola munchers!
No, hippies would never hurt anyone this way...bad karma.

As The Silent Stalker says "They are terrorists, cowards and criminals." These people should be in jail along with the squamish five.

I would donate to this for sure.

adriaticum
08-17-2013, 07:12 AM
I would definitely help.
The key is to reciprocate the action.
Fighting problems with money only makes you spend more money.

Kudu
08-17-2013, 07:12 AM
Where can we find these ALF terrorists - lets take the game to them, lets slash - paint and tear down some of their property - lets threaten their way of life and see how quickly the cowards run to the cops!

Ron.C
08-17-2013, 07:27 AM
Pretty sad in my opinion. I hope the organization responsible is investigated and charges laid. I have no problem with protest. And I respect others views even if they differ from my own, but when protest leads to this $%^&, they've gone too far. Do a quick search on this ALF organisation. They have been up to this sort of crap for some time now.

Kudu
08-17-2013, 07:37 AM
Pretty sad in my opinion. I hope the organization responsible is investigated and charges laid. I have no problem with protest. And I respect others views even if they differ from my own, but when protest leads to this $%^&, they've gone too far. Do a quick search on this ALF organisation. They have been up to this sort of crap for some time now.

Yes - they are quite the little terrorist group - all brave actions against business with paint and glue - yet they don't seem to gather any wrath from the RCMP?

MB_Boy
08-17-2013, 08:13 AM
I am in.

I'd also like to sip a cocktail "under the cover of darkness" with him waiting for the freaks to show up.

Charts
08-17-2013, 08:19 AM
Lets find out where they live (most likely Commercial Dr or Main St Van) and take all our guts from our animals this season and load their front door up... Hippie losers...Get a job

andrewscag
08-17-2013, 08:26 AM
I'm down with a donation

adriaticum
08-17-2013, 08:53 AM
Where can we find these ALF terrorists - lets take the game to them, lets slash - paint and tear down some of their property - lets threaten their way of life and see how quickly the cowards run to the cops!

Exactly.
--------

adriaticum
08-17-2013, 08:54 AM
Lets find out where they live (most likely Commercial Dr or Main St Van) and take all our guts from our animals this season and load their front door up... Hippie losers...Get a job

I thought all the hippies live on the North Shore and in Victoria? :mrgreen:

Rackem
08-17-2013, 09:01 AM
They, (ALF) are not hippies. Hippies are all peace and love. These ALFsh*ts are terrorists and bullies. picking on old folks.

adriaticum
08-17-2013, 09:27 AM
They, (ALF) are not hippies. Hippies are all peace and love. These ALFsh*ts are terrorists and bullies. picking on old folks.

Plus they wear burkas too

.330 Dakota
08-17-2013, 09:32 AM
why couldnt a few of us just run shifts at night and wait for the little cowards, then show them a good time for 20 minutes or so

kelmore
08-17-2013, 09:44 AM
Im in with a donation, and Im willing to spend half a night or two guarding his house.

Rackem
08-17-2013, 09:51 AM
whats wrong with females? I thought you had an appreciation thread on here....Are you saying females are sissies? that female traits are bad? Perhaps you prefer sausage or feel threatened by women?

08-17-2013, 10:01 AM
Pm me if somebody gets something set up for a camera system. I'll donate

sed8ed
08-17-2013, 11:15 AM
I'll see what I can come up with on monday in the way of camera's and recording hardware, I work for a large security firm down in the LM.

Maybe those who don't have the funds to donate could donate a little time and help us install the system... many hands make light work.

markt308
08-17-2013, 12:18 PM
I will also donate at least something to this cause

adriaticum
08-17-2013, 12:23 PM
Who ever knows the taxidermist should talk to him and setup a paypal account so we can send money.

MFERGIE
08-17-2013, 12:55 PM
As an outdoorsman, hunter, trapper, fisherman and aspiring taxidermist I would be more than willing to help this fella out any way I can.

BigfishCanada
08-17-2013, 01:09 PM
I Know this guy, don't like him as a core instructor but overall good guy that doesn't even come close to deserving such BS. Ill donate, anyone know a camera installer?

Kudu
08-17-2013, 01:33 PM
I'll see what I can come up with on monday in the way of camera's and recording hardware, I work for a large security firm down in the LM.

Maybe those who don't have the funds to donate could donate a little time and help us install the system... many hands make light work.

Post up the details - many off will donate both time and money for this cause!

BigfishCanada
08-17-2013, 09:52 PM
I have a guy that will install, he will also donate

Hunt-4-Life
08-18-2013, 02:51 AM
The Castle Law, is not in effect in every state, if I am correct.
We have nothing like it in our country.

We do have this in Canada. It's a principle of common law (not statute law) that you do not need to retreat from your home if attacked there. Section 34, 40, and 41 of the criminal code provide the legal defense to defending your person, your house and your personal property. The cravat is that you cannot use more force than necessary. Look it up.

Hunt-4-Life
08-18-2013, 03:01 AM
Accidentally posted twice...

blackford
08-18-2013, 08:04 AM
Wondering if someone from the admin would like to administer this. Being that a hbc account is already setup

Gateholio
08-18-2013, 08:15 AM
Wondering if someone from the admin would like to administer this. Being that a hbc account is already setup

Marc is the only one that has access to HBC accounts. I don't speak for him but he has indicated to us Administrators and Mods that he has lots going on with work and family right now and limited time available. So the interested people should decide on how to administrate this themselves. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Darksith
08-18-2013, 09:29 AM
I have setup an email account. I will post it if people are OK with me doing this. If any private HBC member is gonna do this, it must be 100% transparent. I am not interested in getting flamed or accused of anything, so someone if they send money, should post how much they donated it. This way it can be tracked, and we know how much we have/need to reach our goal. I would expect that $500 or so should cover a security (camera system) that will enable Eugene to record and monitor activity around his house with 2 cameras. Hopefully the security guy on here can give us an actual cost. Once we have that I will transfer all funds needed for the camera, and I think if there are extra funds they should go directly to Eugene to cover the costs of his deductables that he has paid due to this vandalism? Should I post the email account I have setup?

Marc/HBC has received donations from me, so I am not just some random person that can't be tracked down in case that is a concern for some people. Maybe gatehouse can also monitor this rather than marc? Rather than posting on here how much people donate, send a PM to myself and gatehouse and then you can remain annonymous from the public eye? What do you guys think?

Gibby0087
08-18-2013, 10:02 AM
Absolutely terrible I hope the RCMP will step in more since the group made life threatening statements towards him and his wife.

Gateholio
08-18-2013, 10:04 AM
It;s a noble cause but please don't involve me, I get enough PM's as it is, and my mail box fills up constantly, and I don't want to be responsible for any aspect of collecting and dispersing funds. I am sure you guys can agree on 2 or 3 trustworthy people to track the funds without involving me. :)

Darksith
08-18-2013, 10:38 AM
thats fine, steelco offered his assistance in this as well...maybe we should hold off until after the weekend and we know the cost of a system. Either way, I am willing to help in whatever form possible.

Steeleco
08-18-2013, 11:15 AM
I'll help monitor if needed. But agree with Gatehouse in that
"2 or 3 trustworthy people to track the funds" Wouldn't want anyone assuming anything that could be a detriment to the site.

EvanG
08-18-2013, 11:20 AM
This was taken off their website.... makes me wanna sit outside his shop and wait.
Eugene, as you and your wife Edith enter the last years of your pathetic, miserable life, you will watch an industry you helped build crumble to the ground.
You were quoted in the newspaper after the last time the ALF visited your house as saying you had guns and were not afraid of us. Well Eugene, we are clearly not afraid of you either and you will have to kill us to stop us.
The Animal Liberation Front is always watching. We dare you and your wife to go away on vacation.
Until every cage is empty,
The Animal Liberation Front"

Kilwinning
08-18-2013, 11:33 AM
I am willing to donate,but at the same time if this group is admitting they are targeting this family should not the law be investigating this.

BlackOwL
08-18-2013, 01:16 PM
Security Camera is Ok for filming the culprits, But why not Motion detectors so He can wake up and put some rock salt shots on those rats. He can also use some paint ball with permanent ink to mark His prey, This way the RCMP will have no choice than to thank Eugene for His ingenious idea. :cool:
Oh yes they will have to make them pay for the damages and everything in between like threats and hate speech etc. etc... After that they should be sent to force labour in Siberia and put in the same jail with Pussy Riot.

Steeleco
08-18-2013, 01:20 PM
Sounds like the perfect reason to own a "Pack Alarm" and have it strung across the bottom of his driveway!!

Cookie1965
08-18-2013, 02:37 PM
https://animalliberationpressoffice.org/NAALPO/2013/08/14/fur-shops-truck-vandalized-in-vancouver/

These turds make me want to puke, sneaking around in the dark vandalizing peoples belongings and then bragging about it on the internet. If I knew the identities of these ALF members, and vandalized their belongings, do you think the police would be visiting me?

Darksith
08-18-2013, 03:57 PM
Camera's would only be usefull if they can be used to ID the culprits. I doubt these guys are wearing anything other than black hoodies and pants, so my guess is the camera's wouldn't do much other than to prove it was humans that vandalized his property. Motion detectors would be better, now the question is, how many coons would be setting off the alarms before Mr. Klein simply shuts it off. You would think it wouldn't be hard to track these guys down via their computer IP's which I am sure have been logged somewhere if they are posting about it. Law enforcement should be looking into this...terrorism plain and simple.

North49
08-18-2013, 04:10 PM
Wow what a bunch of cowardly pieces of shit....I hope he catches them and mount's that on his wall

sed8ed
08-18-2013, 04:30 PM
I do agree... terrorism plain and simple.

Modern cameras make the best motion detectors, combined with analytics they can identify and track a person shaped object and send an alarm contact closure at that time.

Although there is no way for one of us to afford to do one of the systems we installed lately... 8 FLIR cameras with analytics and 3 axis grid plotting for the 12 PTZ cameras and infrared projectors... all for a house in west van

WulffMaster
08-20-2013, 05:19 PM
these ALF bastitches are bordering on declaring that they are part of the A.R.M or the so called ' Justice Department ' ( these are the Direct Action cell's of ALF http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Animal_Liberation_Front )

andrewscag
08-22-2013, 10:01 PM
CBC mentioned the vandalism yesterday. No word on what RCMP planned to do if anything. Good to hear it mentioned at least though