PDA

View Full Version : Moss Lake

caddisguy
08-16-2013, 11:02 AM
Anyone ever try Moss Lake and the road going up to it just outside of Sasquatch park? I hiked into there a few years ago to check it out and do some fishing. I don't recall seeing any critters, but I was not paying much attention to signs. Also, last time I drove up there (as far as the Jeep will go) there was lots of active mining. I am wondering if anyone has checked it out recently and whether or not it is viable.

~T-BONE~
08-16-2013, 01:22 PM
Last I seen they were updating the hydro line and were denying access.. Not sure if they r in there still

wchunter
08-16-2013, 04:21 PM
If you are planning to hunt that area be aware that there are a lot of people working up there. The gate is often locked but not always. Not sure how parks would feel about you driving out with a deer or bear in the back. That being said I have seen a number of bears in the park this spring.

caddisguy
08-16-2013, 04:59 PM
If you are planning to hunt that area be aware that there are a lot of people working up there. The gate is often locked but not always. Not sure how parks would feel about you driving out with a deer or bear in the back. That being said I have seen a number of bears in the park this spring.

I should have been more specific. I mainly had deer and birds in mind. It sounds like the mine and maybe even the hydro folks are pretty busy up there, so I think I am going to pass on it. I don't want to get in their way or end up getting blocked/gated in. That and I haven't really seen much of anything in the adjoining park other than bear patties. Moss does seem like the kind of places bears and cats might hang out, but not what I'm after. Now if someone replied and said "yep, tons of muleys up there!" it might be a different story. Me and half a dozen other people from the forum would be up there on opening weekend ;-P