PDA

View Full Version : pitt river hot springs: cougar

TyTy
08-15-2013, 11:03 PM
In the upper pitt right now. Hung a trail cam in a promising new area. Some big BT sheds found.

I went up to the hot springs solo this evening. Sitting in them but not really relaxing. Felt like I was being watched... . it about 8pm, gettin a little shady and foggy so I left. Stopped on the bridge and got out to snap a picture. Getting back into truck and I look up and a cougar strolls across the road and vanishes.
I'm 150 lbsish and it was much bigger than me. I figured the cat might have been watching me from the other side of the river, up on the canyon edge. Errie feeling.

I've seen two before, very briefly, one out ob the west coast in the head lights and a scary huge on from a helicopter in gold river. This one was close, 40 meters, nice dark coat with a black line down in neck and back.

Sorry, but no pic

Rackem
08-16-2013, 07:52 AM
http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/Cougar12.jpg

geoskier
08-16-2013, 08:51 AM
hahaha is that sign a joke?

I'm under 30 and a cougar would fear me a hell of a lot more than my dad!

Sasqman
08-16-2013, 08:54 AM

I think the sign came from Gabbys country cabaret...........

Moe.JKU
08-16-2013, 10:04 AM
I think the sign came from Gabbys country cabaret...........
This does not surprise me one bit. They are every where in there. At 22 i do not sit alone in that place. Then again a couple have to be taken down for public safety.

Rackem
08-16-2013, 01:39 PM

LOL, in this case, it's a human cougar, the kind that love to consume men under 30...

08-16-2013, 01:50 PM
Last winter in the last cut before the road down to the hot springs there was a big couger almost every time we passed, I was shocked as it was the first one I have seen and amazed that I saw it 5-6 times over 4 days.

redwards92
08-16-2013, 02:22 PM
hahahaha the first response to the sign was hilarious following replies were gold

thank you god bless you all

ahahaha

DMAN009
08-16-2013, 02:43 PM
Agreed. That was an epic response. You need to get off the hunting website and search the XXX site. It is called balance.

Haha. Made my day.

D