PDA

View Full Version : Good News , Bad News For Greybark

greybark
08-15-2013, 07:41 AM
:-D Well the Good news first . This 74 year old long time bowhunter just recieved a new replacement Pacemaker .
:icon_frow The Bad news is on doctors suggestions and (Wifes orders) no bow pulling for six weeks . The nine day archery season starts in about two weeks , bad timing . LOL
:icon_frow Tried to get a GPS , fishfinder and a range finder chip inserted to no avail...
Cheers

Riverbc
08-15-2013, 07:45 AM
and you will tackle Ridgedale next year with ease. Take care and I hope it's a speedy recovery!!

Big Lew
08-15-2013, 08:37 AM
Sorry to read of your poor timing, but it will likely allow you more seasons in the future and there still is the second 'archery only season' later this year to look forward to, good luck.
As for " Tried to get a GPS , fishfinder and a range finder chip inserted to no avail..." man, that would have been awesome!:cool:

coach
08-15-2013, 08:43 AM
Sounds like the good news outweighs the bad. Hope you are able enjoy a great late season, Greybark. Of course - you could always get a crossbow.. :-D

Gateholio
08-15-2013, 08:48 AM
How about a crossbow with one of the cocking devices? Or is that too much for now, also? Get well soon.

calvin L
08-15-2013, 09:23 AM
I feel your pain . I had shoulder surgery last Dec 18 , I have just started to be able to draw my bow . It is ugly but it is progress .

Rackem
08-15-2013, 12:20 PM
:-D Well the Good news first . This 74 year old long time bowhunter just recieved a new replacement Pacemaker .
:icon_frow The Bad news is on doctors suggestions and (Wifes orders) no bow pulling for six weeks . The nine day archery season starts in about two weeks , bad timing . LOL
:icon_frow Tried to get a GPS , fishfinder and a range finder chip inserted to no avail...
Cheers

LOL @ having the GPS, Fishfinder and Rangefinder implanted with your pacemaker! Take it easy for a bit, cause if you don't, you wont be pulling anything for a lot longer...
My grandfather had a pacemaker with a defibrulator in it, was exciting when it went off, to say the least. Don't be touching electric fences either...He was hunting still at 74, and quadding, and snowmobiling...and getting arrested...:) although I don't recommend that last one, they might take your guns for awhile.

Sofa King
08-15-2013, 01:19 PM
congrats on getting to 74.
the men in my family don't get much past 65.

it's awesome that you're still getting out there.
and bow-hunting on top of that.

hope you heal quick and see many more seasons.

The Hermit
08-15-2013, 01:23 PM
Hey Ken no worries 6 weeks from now there will still be game to chase, moose and elk will be getting really horny and you will be better able to chase them!

J_T
08-15-2013, 01:38 PM
I was wondering if "no pulling bow" was code for something else.

Did you get an adjustable pacemaker? if you need to carry more air via blood lines, you just turn it up. That would be nice.

Hey, you could get a xbow. They aren't worth shit, but it will still get you out there. My Dad is using one, has for a few years now. I have so much respect for anyone that would pack one of those. They are cumbersome and in the heat of the moment, way heavy. Hard on the heart.

Of course using a xbow would likely compromise your accuracy.

Weatherby Fan
08-15-2013, 02:08 PM
Hunting at 74.....your my idol, you always could break out the Weatherby, should be easy enough on you to work the bolt.
WF

adriaticum
08-15-2013, 02:32 PM
You are 74 years old?!!
And what's the bad news?

bearhunter338-06
08-15-2013, 03:12 PM
2 years ago July I had a quadruple by-pass and had to miss the whole hunting season. My chest still reminds me I cant do what I use to do. Be careful and do as the doctor tell you.

Onesock
08-15-2013, 03:22 PM
Get well soon Ken. I am sure I will see you up the Christian Valley come December. Like JT says is this one adjustable?

Walksalot
08-15-2013, 03:23 PM
Greybark, you can still go on your hunt only take your camera this run.

Bod
08-16-2013, 06:33 PM
Hey Ken. You got the new improved model! Six weeks of relaxation is a pretty good trade off for a bunch more years of hunting. The early season is for sissy's anyhow. All the best for a full and speedy recovery.