PDA

View Full Version : LEH grizzley error??

Cpl_Punishment
08-14-2013, 10:41 PM
I stopped in at a sporting goods shop to pick up a few thing and there was a guy at the next till buying his licence and tags. The clerk turns to the guy that was helping me and says this guy put in for a moose and doe draw and got a grizzley that he never even applied for.

Wish I had that kinda luck. Anyone every heard of anything like that before?

BlacktailStalker
08-14-2013, 11:03 PM
One wrong number = that.
Human error.

40incher
08-14-2013, 11:28 PM
Likely he got a grizzly draw for a completely different unit than what he applied for. One of many hundreds of hunters by the sound of it. Just another reason to not trust the bureaucrats to do even the simplest of tasks. MFLNRO staff continue to rewrite the definition of dysfunction!

604redneck
08-15-2013, 12:43 AM
Likely he got a grizzly draw for a completely different unit than what he applied for. One of many hundreds of hunters by the sound of it. Just another reason to not trust the bureaucrats to do even the simplest of tasks. MFLNRO staff continue to rewrite the definition of dysfunction!
Maybe it is human error? Everyone is so fast to blame computers and "the man" but there is a chance that he screwed up....besides he got a grizzly draw he should be pumped!

springpin
08-15-2013, 12:46 AM
Would that not be human error??

BiG Boar
08-15-2013, 12:54 AM
Sounds like he was super lucky. Let me guess. No access. Fly or boat in only. Lots of tags given out in hopes one day, someone will be stubborn enough to actually hunt and kill one, thus controlling thier numbers. O E Vay.

CKvan
08-15-2013, 01:03 AM
My buddy put in for moose in region three between Merritt and Kelowna last year and somehow ended up with a sheep (or goat, can't remember) out near Cranbrook. He blames his dad for filling the form out wrong:tongue:

ace76
08-15-2013, 05:30 AM
I also got a grizzly draw that I never applied for, but yesterday received a letter from fish and wildlife saying they screwed up and to send back by sept 1 so it doesn't reduce my odds next year by 50% for spring grizzly. If they don't get it by sept 1 it means I am using it. I sent it back so I can apply for grizzly in an area I know and can actually get to.

Apolonius
08-15-2013, 06:03 AM
Always blame the hunter.And some lough their asses off in a nice pub in Victoria.Change the SYSTEM!!!!!

longstonec
08-15-2013, 06:11 AM
I put in one wrong digit and got a doe draw 400km away from where I had "planned" . This was all me. should be fun!

Hunt-4-Life
08-15-2013, 07:47 AM
I often wonder if part of the problem with LEH I'd guys not filling things out correctly. The instructions clearly say in [B]Big bold letters[B] to fill the form in all capital letters. I wonder how many guys fill it out in lower case, realize the mistake, and just send it in to avoid the $6 to buy a new card thinking "aww that's good enough".

Darksith
08-15-2013, 08:04 AM
between us entering in a wrong number, and the guy reading our card and then entering that into a computer, its not hard to see how easy it is for a human to make a mistake. Its not the government peeps that enter in all the cards from what I understand, its contracted out isn't it? So if thats the case its some kid at a desk entering info all day long...probably goes cross eyed by lunch, then smokes a phatty, and thus you get something you didn't apply for, or didn't think you applied for. Once online at least its all on "us".

Glad to hear that the ministry contacted someone and said they made a mistake. At least that means they are double checking things. I don't think it would be that hard to identify that they made a mistake (sort cards to species and then count, then confirm numbers match after entered in computer) its finding the mess up after you identify the numbers to match thats gonna be the pain.

Darksith
08-15-2013, 08:05 AM
I often wonder if part of the problem with LEH I'd guys not filling things out correctly. The instructions clearly say in [B]Big bold letters[B] to fill the form in all capital letters. I wonder how many guys fill it out in lower case, realize the mistake, and just send it in to avoid the $6 to buy a new card thinking "aww that's good enough".

I filled mine out in lower case this last year...but with 30+ cards in hand I wasn't gonna go rebuy them. And I wasn't gonna break out the white out either! That being said...best LEH year in our families history...maybe Im on to something. The name and info on the card are just a double check Im sure or simply for mailing address...the hunter number should be the bible on that card, mailing address changes regularily for lots of peeps...I should fill one out as a test with the right hunter number and the wrong name for a draw that is way less than 1:1 just to see what happens

Caveman
08-15-2013, 08:22 AM
My dad got a goat draw a few years ago thinking he had put in for elk. His error in the hunt code he filled in

257stew
08-15-2013, 08:42 AM
not human error on the side of filling out the form incorrectly.

Fish and wildlife in Victoria made a big booboo. A buddy recieved a grizz tag for an area he never applied for. He called the nice people at MOE and they told him to send in the LEH and they would refund his money. He then asked if he would still have reduced odds next year and was told by the lady on the phone that she did not know.

The lady did admit of a computer error, she did not know if they are going public with it, (typical government B.S. ,we make a mistake like this and get fined.) He is correct on the issue of making sure he does not have reduced odds next year. He did say something about going on sites like this and letting people know. Do not know if he posted here at HBC. This would warrant a posting of its own.

257Stew

Skull Hunter
08-15-2013, 10:17 AM
I got a spring Grizzly draw that I didn't apply for, and I didn't apply for a draw at all. I had put in for the same region for last fall but was unsuccessful. I should add, that I'm not the only one that I know of who had this happen this past spring.

emerson
08-15-2013, 05:42 PM
not human error on the side of filling out the form incorrectly.

Fish and wildlife in Victoria made a big booboo. A buddy recieved a grizz tag for an area he never applied for. He called the nice people at MOE and they told him to send in the LEH and they would refund his money. He then asked if he would still have reduced odds next year and was told by the lady on the phone that she did not know.

The lady did admit of a computer error, she did not know if they are going public with it, (typical government B.S. ,we make a mistake like this and get fined.) He is correct on the issue of making sure he does not have reduced odds next year. He did say something about going on sites like this and letting people know. Do not know if he posted here at HBC. This would warrant a posting of its own.

257Stew

I got a letter saying the error was their's (or contractor's) from the govt. Sent mine back to avoid reduced odds next year.

"No Choke"Lord Walsingham
08-15-2013, 07:26 PM
At least those who recieve LEH wins in error are given the option of actually purchasing and using the ill-gotten tag. Hilarious! The BC system is badly busted. So many (in fact, nearly all) of the legal aspects concerning Hunting and Firearms ownership in Canada and BC are a pure abomination. I suppose they figure we'll just count ourselves as fortunate to be able to possibly have the opportunity to do these things at all and roll over...

It's high time that government and people realize how vital these activities are to the Canadian identity as well as to the Human experience and what a massive role they played in the creation of this nation. Firearms and Hunting need to be given the respect they deserve! These errors and laws/regulations are all way too silly to be palatable and are disrespectful to us all as well to the memories of those that founded our country.