PDA

View Full Version : Any Free Puppies Out There?

PointMan
08-14-2013, 06:19 PM
Not looking for a prized CKC hound or anything, but my kid has been wanting a dog for a while. He's finally proven he's up to it by sitting a friends brat Golden and helping to break some of its bad habits. I know there are lots of dogs available to buy at kennels and adopt at shelters for $150 or so, but this is going to be his baby and he's going to have to she'll out enough for toys, food, licence, etc. I'm just putting it out there to see if anyone knows of one available, not too concerned about gender but he defiantly prefers Labs, Cheasapeaks, and Goldens (not that he's picky LOL). If any one knows anything let me know, thanks.

sparkes3
08-14-2013, 08:25 PM
there may be litter in my redbone coon hounds oven now, but still a little to early to tell.

tuffteddyb
08-14-2013, 08:30 PM
I personally think a shelter is the best bet,may costa little but they are vet checked and with shots and spayed or neutered.
Adds up to quite abit when gotto pay for it individually.

PointMan
08-14-2013, 08:40 PM
Thanks guys, I'm going to help my kid with the math in the next few days and decide which way to go for sure then. Keep me posted on the coon hound though, is love to see Josh try his hand at raising a hunting dog.

longstonec
08-14-2013, 09:14 PM
Look up Dogwood Gundog Rescue. they are out of Vancouver. mostly sporting and hunting dogs.

BlacktailStalker
08-14-2013, 11:07 PM
Give your son a hound and he might not ever want a dog again (could work out in his favour lol)

Shooter
08-14-2013, 11:15 PM
Another way to look at it is the fact that the purchase price is the cheapest part of having a dog.

PointMan
08-14-2013, 11:23 PM
I had dogs all my life until the last 12 years, but I've finally convinced the wife that the kids can handle one. I've usually had Labs or Setters and the occasional mutt, no real experience with hounds though.

FirePower
08-15-2013, 06:59 AM
Shooter is spot on, you get what you pay for as a rule but there are sometimes a deal to be had check out the gundog rescue as stated one of the members here, sorry forgot who, post about what sounds like a fine dog he got from one.Personally I would stay away from hounds they are very purposeful dogs and need to do the job they were bred for.