PDA

View Full Version : GO territories?

Darksith
08-14-2013, 04:49 PM
I can't seem to locate the link someone posted ages ago that shows each GO's territory BC wide. Can someone help me out with a link?

dbergen69
08-14-2013, 04:53 PM
it is on the goabc website http://www.goabc.org/local-regions.aspx

levind
08-14-2013, 04:56 PM
http://www.goabc.org/local-regions.aspx

is that what you are looking for?

levind
08-14-2013, 04:57 PM
damn 3 minutes to late lol

Darksith
08-14-2013, 05:05 PM
lol, thanks

hellojello74
08-14-2013, 05:24 PM
lol, thanks

I think the ministry also has detailed ones that show boundrys with greater resolution posted online. If you are interested in that pm as I will have to look a while to find them again.

dbergen69
08-14-2013, 05:28 PM
If there are more detailed ones I would be interested. Can you post the link ?

Darksith
08-15-2013, 08:25 AM
it seems that Bignine is the GO that has the best place on earth...any peeps here spend much time in that area? Im guessing bignine going in on horse, or they have an airstrip far enough off the rivers to where they aren't competing with guys that have jetboats? They sure do take some nice animals...would love to find a way into that area for the "dream hunt" without the GO price tag.

jml11
08-15-2013, 09:17 AM
I've hunted in the Big nine territory 4 times and yes he has several remote areas that see very few residents. His base camp is on the Gathto, big ranch with an airstrip that is otherwise only accesible by horse. The area we hunt is fly-in as well, probably a two day walk from the nearest boatable river.

ryanb
08-15-2013, 09:30 AM
Where there is a will there is always a way.

Darksith
08-15-2013, 10:04 AM
I've hunted in the Big nine territory 4 times and yes he has several remote areas that see very few residents. His base camp is on the Gathto, big ranch with an airstrip that is otherwise only accesible by horse. The area we hunt is fly-in as well, probably a two day walk from the nearest boatable river.

what are you landing on back there when you fly in? Don't see any lakes...super cub on sand bar or something?

yama49
08-15-2013, 08:50 PM
Big nine didnt fly his horses in there, so theres one way.. Own a super cub, is another way. Could hike but some areas might b to much..

358mag
08-16-2013, 11:43 AM
Always wondered why it took so long for anyone to post about Big 9 , get in there quick , the internet will make it just another one of those used to be "best places" ..........:wink:

GreatWhitePopogeebo
08-16-2013, 01:01 PM
I know guys that fly in kluchesi and they make there way in there somehow unreal photos I mean if you like sheep elk grizzly goats that sorta thing

northernhunter
08-16-2013, 02:45 PM
That's right you have to fly into kluachesi lake, his main camp on the upper gathto is private strip. You use to be able to fly into the lower prairie strip on the gathto but part of it is wrecked and can only get in with a super cub and a real good pilot, hence no locals get in there anymore via plane. You can use float plane on kluachesi or wheel plane on his strip at kluachesi as its not considered a private strip. Good horse trail over to gathto which would take about 4 or 5 hours. Lots of elk and also lots of pressure around kluachesi itself, if you're looking for sheep prepare to wear out some boots, pretty awesome country just don't expect to be alone.

bighornbob
08-16-2013, 02:57 PM
That's right you have to fly into kluachesi lake, his main camp on the upper gathto is private strip. You use to be able to fly into the lower prairie strip on the gathto but part of it is wrecked and can only get in with a super cub and a real good pilot, hence no locals get in there anymore via plane. You can use float plane on kluachesi or wheel plane on his strip at kluachesi as its not considered a private strip. Good horse trail over to gathto which would take about 4 or 5 hours. Lots of elk and also lots of pressure around kluachesi itself, if you're looking for sheep prepare to wear out some boots, pretty awesome country just don't expect to be alone.Unless the strip is surrounded by private land its not a private strip. If he leases the land for his GO operations the strip is public. For years GO have tried barricading and blocking strips and one phone call to the transportation authorities gets them unblocked in a hurry.BHB

Call of the Wild
08-16-2013, 04:57 PM
Unless the strip is surrounded by private land its not a private strip. If he leases the land for his GO operations the strip is public. For years GO have tried barricading and blocking strips and one phone call to the transportation authorities gets them unblocked in a hurry.BHB

If I remember right Big Nine outfitter and Muskwa Prophet Outfitter are the only two allocation with private property for their lodge. It dates back in the days when the original owners opened that country they obtained such titled for their lodge property then eventuay the government change things and the other territories were allowed leases not full property for their lodge and operation land around the main base camp.

northernhunter
08-16-2013, 05:39 PM
That's exactly right the main strip is private and the other camp strips are not. Ask the c.o. In fort nelson you can't land at his main camp but any other one you can. Like I said I have been into both kluachesi and lower prairie strip before, expect lots of people at kluachesi, if you can get into lower prairie there will be very few people. Also a gravel bar you can land on just before lower prairie, but like I said you or you're super cub pilot better know his shit. No room for error at all.

rob77
08-16-2013, 09:02 PM
http://maps.gov.bc.ca/ess/sv/imapbc/
Click on layers
Click on parks recreation and tourism
Click on Guide Outfitter Outlined
Click OK

bridger
08-16-2013, 09:45 PM
Long, tough trip in there by horseback

Andrewh
08-16-2013, 10:28 PM
My wife and I were in there for 13 days hunting sheep this past opening, not too tough to figure out how to get there and we didn't hike for a long time. Basically it is just like a lot of other places, look over maps and figure out a route.

Getting across the Gathto was another story, daily/lots of rain means lots and lots of water.

40incher
08-16-2013, 10:34 PM
[QUOTE=358mag;1367031]Always wondered why it took so long for anyone to post about Big 9 , get in there quick , the internet will make it just another one of those used to be "best places" ..........:wink:[/QUOTE ..... Yeah, it's all doom and gloom when resident hunters get in to an area. Don't think so!!! The sky will fall if we take one good ram or one 200" moose ... Give it a break. There's lots of room out there without the fearmongering ... Shitty hunters get nothing in great areas, hard hunters get animals in shitty areas ... Only stupid people talk about "good hunting ... It's all about the $$$$

Darksith
08-18-2013, 08:37 AM
basically I am searching hard for a hunt for me and my dad. He will be 65 next year and he isn't the most fit guy. So I have 2 ideas, one I find a trail system that I can legally take my rhino on, and take camp deep into the woods, or two I do a fly in with him. Our target species would be elk/moose, I know he wouldn't be up to the task of back packing into the mountains, and he really isn't interested in a sheep. I am targeting a big moose or elk, and want to be in the thick of the animal rutt. Nothing better than calling in animals, and he has only experienced that once with moose, and neither of us have ever had that experience with elk. I have contacted some outfitters about the cost of a drop hunt, but none seem interested to give us a better deal if we supply all the gear, they just load up our gear on horses and take it in and out. If anyone has any ideas on something or somewhere that would enable me to fulfill this dream, please PM me. I am starting to consider riverjet adventures as an option, but was thinking that a fly in would get us away from the crowds more than a jet boat...but maybe that's impossible these days :).

Gateholio
08-18-2013, 09:12 AM
Doesn't Big 9 offer packing services for residents?