PDA

View Full Version : FSJ Elk Hunt suggestions

Burnabyred
08-13-2013, 07:46 PM
Hey All,

A couple of us are heading up to FSJ and parking the trailer on a friend's 1/4 section at the end of Sept for an Elk/deer hunting base. From the info I'm getting, we should be getting access to a couple of other farmer's fields as backup if my friend's place doesn't produce. I'm curious as to where else to head in this region for Elk (antlerless or 3 point or better)... Any suggestions?

Up the 97 to Pink Mountain and MU 7-43B or 7-44 looks relatively close as well but not sure where we could readily park the trailer.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Red

Surrey Boy
08-13-2013, 08:00 PM
Put an oil company logo in your window and nobody will bother you.

Burnabyred
08-13-2013, 08:05 PM
Lol, and the blue overalls and white hard hat... love it!

sheep.elk.moose fanatic
08-13-2013, 08:56 PM
You might get shot if you get caught..... Not a place to fudge the rules!!

Surrey Boy
08-13-2013, 09:00 PM
You might get shot if you get caught..... Not a place to fudge the rules!!

Shot by whom?

Shell, Encana, CNRL, Spectra, Talisman, Crew, Baytex, Sword, Pengrowth, Tourmaline all forbid possession of firearms while at work. None of them can shoot you.

Unless you're talking about Blueberry, Doig, Halfway, et cetera. In that case I remind you that they lost their battle on the Fontas roadcheck.

Surrey Boy
08-13-2013, 09:01 PM

Don't forget the fourhead monitor and safety manual.

sheep.elk.moose fanatic
08-13-2013, 11:03 PM
Shot by whom?

Shell, Encana, CNRL, Spectra, Talisman, Crew, Baytex, Sword, Pengrowth, Tourmaline all forbid possession of firearms while at work. None of them can shoot you.

Unless you're talking about Blueberry, Doig, Halfway, et cetera. In that case I remind you that they lost their battle on the Fontas roadcheck.
Just saying a white hard hat blue coveralls don't get you permission on private property make sure you know where you are!!

Surrey Boy
08-14-2013, 07:47 PM
Nobody suggested he trespass, but PDR right of ways don't trespass against landowners.

Take it up with fat Pat Pimm.

moosinaround
08-14-2013, 08:10 PM
Anywhere in 7-20 zone A has elk so just find the crown land and go hunting. Moosin

BRvalley
08-14-2013, 08:21 PM
if you have access to your buddy's place and other farmers fields you're golden IMO....it's busy during hunting season and the easy access crown land gets trampled on...i'm new to elk hunting but still saw lots of elk last year, 95% on private fields....i tried asking permission but gave up after the 3rd door closed in my face LOL...maybe i'm too ugly ha

it sounds like you're ahead of the game with land access, talk to him in advance....and moosin is right, elk are everywhere

Swamp mule
08-16-2013, 09:08 AM
Sent you a PM