PDA

View Full Version : Pinks

BigfishCanada
08-12-2013, 09:19 PM
Well this time of year, I love the coast and Fraser so last weekend I went out looking for pinks and didn't see any jumpers so came home with my limit of crab and two beauty rock cod. BUT this past sunday, we started out looking for them and didn't have much luck until around 7ish, then it was crazy, the bays were full almost jumping in the boat. I could have landed 20+ but after my limit it was back to the dock to enjoy a cold beer and colt.
If you have time, get out and catch some, my buddy and I are smoking ours tomorrow. Weve had them soaking in brine since Sunday night.
https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/1150778_10151605488231523_569427224_n.jpg

PS GUYS! If your thinking of renting from me Id contact us now. We are booking up and wont have any space soon!

adriaticum
08-12-2013, 09:36 PM
Soaking in brine since Sunday!!
Lol, I already brined, smoked and ate mine.

Sasqman
08-12-2013, 10:32 PM
Was out on the fraser tonite with the kids, Duncan bar. No pinks yet, but did see a few springs jumping. Gonna go out to Indian arm this weekend for some crab and fish. When I was out there 2 weeks ago I couldn't hook into any pinks. Was trolling by the hydro buildings with a slip weight, flasher and some pink crocs and spoons. Could u give me any tips on location and gear to use.

Thanks

Paul

Moe.JKU
08-12-2013, 10:42 PM
Nice work i'm just waiting until they get closer to my house before i got. Meanwhile i'm chasing bulls, as its a new addiction. Nice to hear someone that fishes around the fraser is getting them, ill be heading out with my fly rod soon enough.

adriaticum
08-12-2013, 10:51 PM
Was out on the fraser tonite with the kids, Duncan bar. No pinks yet, but did see a few springs jumping. Gonna go out to Indian arm this weekend for some crab and fish. When I was out there 2 weeks ago I couldn't hook into any pinks. Was trolling by the hydro buildings with a slip weight, flasher and some pink crocs and spoons. Could u give me any tips on location and gear to use.

Thanks

Paul

Just go to squamish and put your hands in the water and feel around. The fish you feel are pinks.

BigfishCanada
08-13-2013, 10:21 AM
Paul I was in the area you talked about, look for the schools and cast into them with pink 1 1/2 buzz bombs. I wouldn't bother trolling except high tide

steel_ram
08-17-2013, 02:44 PM
Hard not to snag them in the Campbell right now. It's a great little fishery boost for Campbell River. Too bad many of those attracted to it are such slobs. I quickly filled two garbage bags with trash, a lot of it discarded fishing line (nasty stuff). That was the easy pickings on about 200 yards of bank. Bet it will look the same again by the end of the weekend.

BIGHUNTERFISH
08-19-2013, 11:50 AM
Nice pinks,but I thought rock fish are closed in areas 28 and 29 except 29 -5.??