PDA

View Full Version : Deer hunting HELP!

slovakien_12
08-12-2013, 06:01 PM
I have recently set up a treestand in the middle of 600 acres of forest and farmland. There are alot of deer around, question is how can I get them to stick to a certain area close for a bow shot from my treestand? I have thought of mineral licks and grain etc. Can anyone point me in the right direction as to what to use?

HarryToolips
08-12-2013, 06:15 PM
Basically the best hope ya got is be in a area where several trails converge..and ya I'd think any licks or grain would help..

warnniklz
08-12-2013, 07:31 PM
Make sure you don't have to walk through deer on your approach to you treestand

604redneck
08-12-2013, 10:04 PM
Make sure you don't have to walk through deer on your approach to you treestand
y? thats the best part! sometimes you dont even have to walk all the way to your stand and there is a dead deer.....

Lozzie
08-12-2013, 10:09 PM
I'm always seeing dead deer on the way into my stand but then again there is the highest concentration of Cougars in North America behind my house ;)

y? thats the best part! sometimes you dont even have to walk all the way to your stand and there is a dead deer.....

warnniklz
08-12-2013, 10:27 PM

I'm assuming he's going in before legal shooting light

I'm always seeing dead deer on the way into my stand but then again there is the highest concentration of Cougars in North America behind my house ;)

I shot my deer probably 300-400 yards from someone else's tree stand