PDA

View Full Version : Sun Peaks?

Brian011
08-12-2013, 04:49 PM
I bushwacked my way up the backside of Sunpeaks this morning and got up on top in the alpine area. It wasn't easy getting up there but it was nice once i got on top. Great scenery. I was wondering if anyone has ever hunted up on top as I am planning on hiking up there again once the season starts. I know there is a tonne of area all around there in the outlining areas, i was just curious if anyone had any experience up on top. And as for the regs, it shows you can hunt 400m away from the lifts.

blackbart
08-12-2013, 06:05 PM
I have seen quite a few cougars get bagged there.

burger
08-12-2013, 06:39 PM
I have seen quite a few cougars get bagged there.

What about outside the bars?

Darksith
08-12-2013, 07:25 PM
why not take the chair lift up? Just conceal the rifle in your pack and then start your hike...

Jelvis
08-12-2013, 07:54 PM
Harper Mountain is where the local deer guys go above the Harper Ranch is where mule deer are hunted by the ex spirts. And some of the better grouse hunting on Harper too Jello Bo Tello Grouse and deer hang together find grouse and you find mule deer.

keithb7
08-12-2013, 08:03 PM
I hunt the area on the N and NW side of Todd Mtn. This is the name of the Mtn that the Sun Peaks resort is built on.
There are deer there as there is in almost anywhere in that area. I suspect there are deer up top there to hunt as my wife has seen a 4 point run across a ski run early in the ski season. (Late Nov). Rumor has it the genetics are known to be good in the area but deer are not that plentiful.