PDA

View Full Version : Jumping the season.

Jagermeister
08-11-2013, 09:35 AM
Seems someone may have decided to get a head start on their bow hunting season.
http://www.cfjctv.com/story.php?id=15591

Darksith
08-11-2013, 09:48 AM
hopefully they can track down the deer and tie the arrow to someone...probably took the shot in his back yard...wonder what the odds are it was a teenager

Jagermeister
08-11-2013, 05:21 PM
we will have to wait and see if it was as it said it is. No deer, no arrow, it didn't happen.

Moose Guide
08-11-2013, 07:22 PM
we will have to wait and see if it was as it said it is. No deer, no arrow, it didn't happen.
Or native hunter=no crime, we'll have to wait and see!

Abashai
08-12-2013, 10:13 AM
Sad to hear. Hopefully more details emerge. This is one thing that still has me nervous about bow hunting. I practice and know my limits but I still have yet to take an archery shot at a live animal and know that in the field many things can happen...

J_T
08-12-2013, 12:27 PM
Lots of possibilities here. Might be a deer that's healthy and just packin an arrow. We've seen a couple of those. Every year, we see the same deer, still got an arrow sticking out of their hind quarter, but it doesn't seem to bother them and they seem to make it through the winter. This might have been legally shot at during a season, just not recovered.

TheProvider
08-12-2013, 12:47 PM
Tons of possibilities. Like JT says. People can frown about an arrow being stuck in an animal but just think how many animals are packing bullets in them. Who knows maybe the lady was seeing things

Jagermeister
08-12-2013, 02:47 PM
Or native hunter=no crime, we'll have to wait and see!That is probably out of line. It would be highly unlikely to be a native hunter. Two reasons, first, they don't use bows. Second, Juniper is a high density residential area backing onto very steep crown land, no through road. Not an area that native hunters would frequent and they certainly can find better areas to hunt without crossing the river.
And perhaps it is from seasons past. I know of one deer taken that had an arrowhead that had a cyst about the size of a tennis ball formed around it. The person that shot it thought that it had been there for several years.

Bowzone_Mikey
08-12-2013, 03:39 PM
any bets if it truely is an arrow ... its a fiberglass one from a Cdn Tire that little kids get all the time ... If I recall Juniper has many deer ... to the point of throwing a rock in any direction and kicking up a few

Moose Guide
08-12-2013, 08:03 PM
That is probably out of line. It would be highly unlikely to be a native hunter. Two reasons, first, they don't use bows. Second, Juniper is a high density residential area backing onto very steep crown land, no through road. Not an area that native hunters would frequent and they certainly can find better areas to hunt without crossing the river.
And perhaps it is from seasons past. I know of one deer taken that had an arrowhead that had a cyst about the size of a tennis ball formed around it. The person that shot it thought that it had been there for several years.

I guess you didn't see the video of a first nations hunter and his first bow killed moose a week or two ago, I was simply pointing out that it might not be a crime! I do not know where Juniper is or even what region but I wasn't trying to slag anyone!

Jagermeister
08-12-2013, 08:16 PM
I guess you didn't see the video of a first nations hunter and his first bow killed moose a week or two ago, I was simply pointing out that it might not be a crime! I do not know where Juniper is or even what region but I wasn't trying to slag anyone!I didn't think you were but you know how others take things...............
Anyhow, Juniper is a subdivision of Kamloops, south-east of the downtown core and off Hwy1

keithb7
08-12-2013, 08:17 PM
I live in Juniper and there has been a nice 2 pt hanging around comfortably for the previous week or so. I have 2 photos of it in 2 different yards laying around like it was a family pet. We're talking broad day light and not seeming to be afraid of humans getting pretty close. I personally spotted it as well grazing without that scared panic look you see from most deer that seem to be living their life in fear. I'd be willing to bet it was in someone's back yard and a teenager grabbed his bow to quietly try and take it down. Unfortunately this stupid stunt hurts the entire hunting and shooting community. It gives those types more anger and hate to use against us who love to hunt. Bad news.

The Hermit
08-12-2013, 08:19 PM
Jag - It wasn't a bow hunter starting his/her season early... it was just another POACHER!

quadrakid
08-12-2013, 08:32 PM
Just a young feller getting excited and losing his mind. Happens all the time.:)

Jagermeister
08-13-2013, 01:01 PM
I have offended a person with this previous statement,
That is probably out of line. It would be highly unlikely to be a native hunter. Two reasons, first, they don't use bows. The underlined italicized portion was the offending part. It was not meant to be derogatory and to that person that brought it to my attention and others that found it so, I apologize.

Darksith
08-13-2013, 01:18 PM
Sad to hear. Hopefully more details emerge. This is one thing that still has me nervous about bow hunting. I practice and know my limits but I still have yet to take an archery shot at a live animal and know that in the field many things can happen...

yeah, but the same thing can happen with a rifle. All it takes is one small twig, piece of grass, or a twitch when you pull the trigger. Its unfortunate, but does happen no matter what your weapon is...although I have yet to lose an animal to a claymore!

Onesock
08-13-2013, 02:06 PM
Or........it could be a poacher!!

Rackem
08-13-2013, 02:22 PM
Possible explanations of a woman claiming to have seen a deer with an arrow protruding from it:
>She was seeing things/hallucinating/crazy/drunk etc
>Left over arrow from an in season hunt with unsuccessful retrieval
>FN hunter
>Out of season hunter IE Poacher
>someone shooting targets missed and accidentally shot the deer...
>A kid/teen/immature person took a shot never expecting it to connect...
>Aliens
>Deer ran into an arrow that was sticking out from some bushes

cariboo hunter
08-13-2013, 02:28 PM
Possible explanations of a woman claiming to have seen a deer with an arrow protruding from it:
>She was seeing things/hallucinating/crazy/drunk etc
>Left over arrow from an in season hunt with unsuccessful retrieval
>FN hunter
>Out of season hunter IE Poacher
>someone shooting targets missed and accidentally shot the deer...
>A kid/teen/immature person took a shot never expecting it to connect...
>Aliens
>Deer ran into an arrow that was sticking out from some bushes

Ha, you forgot this one
-probably an antler

Rackem
08-13-2013, 02:32 PM
Ha, you forgot this one
-probably an antler

I would think that one would be covered by my first on the list, woman was incorrect in her id... but my list is by no means complete or comprehensive, feel free to add more suggestions...:wink: