PDA

View Full Version : Muskwa water levels??

browning
08-10-2013, 11:39 PM
Hey, Just wondering if anyone knows how the water level is on the Muskwa for this time of the year??Below or above average, guessing that is skinnier than usual but just curious. Heading up after the sept long weekend regardless. Looking forward to spending some time up there, best time of the year:)

ElectricDyck
08-10-2013, 11:56 PM
No idea, but good luck and send me some pics! Good luck on your adventure!

KB90
08-11-2013, 07:42 AM
It has been a very wet year up here, i'd say water levels are higher than normal.

Rhyno
08-11-2013, 07:43 AM
Check out wateroffice@ec.gc.ca and do a text search. You can plot back the water levels and discharge back a few years....in the case of Muskwa only to last year.

I had a quick look it it appears it is a fair bit higher than this time in 2012.

Sitkaspruce
08-11-2013, 10:10 AM
Very wet summer up here this year, I thought I was back living on the North island.........

All the rivers around here are higher than normal, at least that is what my co-worker, who has lived up here for 25 years is saying. I was around the beaton last week and it was high.

Cheers

SS

browning
08-11-2013, 12:47 PM
Thanks for the info! Wasn't sure what it was doing up there, rumours I had heard were saying it was fairly skinny. Glad to see there will be lots of water,has been quite dry here in the interior the last couple of weeks. Just watched Canada In The Rough yesterday with the trip up the Tuchodi,Kevin from Riverjet dropping them off..Has got my blood pumping, going to be hard to concentrate on work for the next couple of weeks, when I would rather be Hunting:) Countdown is on..3 more weeks

sheepaholic
08-11-2013, 12:52 PM
Just wondering if the muskwa and tuchodi are easier or harder to run with higher water levels

Rock Doctor
08-11-2013, 01:18 PM
Just wondering if the muskwa and tuchodi are easier or harder to run with higher water levels

Water is higher than normal right now.
IMHO, Higher water makes the Muskwa easier (Basically, if it's wet, you can go there)
The Tuchodi is harder in high water (There are lots more chanels, and a fair number of them just peter out)

RD

nap
08-11-2013, 08:05 PM
I agree with RD, last year (middle of Sept.) when we pulled into the kledo creek launch it was the lowest we had ever seen on the Muskwa, but probably had no issues, had us a little spooked about the Tuchodi ended up being in my mind higher than normal.