PDA

View Full Version : area X kootenays

benttip
08-09-2013, 07:45 AM
just talked to the lady in the know and the final word is out..area will be closed for cows etc..will be in papers etc soon....

bigneily
08-09-2013, 08:04 AM
Good to hear.

Abashai
08-09-2013, 08:28 AM
Now the big challenge will be educating those who have already made plans to take off in just a few short week. The timing is not cool IMO. My guess is that there will be quite a few illegal cows shot this year....

bighornbob
08-09-2013, 08:38 AM
Now the big challenge will be educating those who have already made plans to take off in just a few short week. The timing is not cool IMO. My guess is that there will be quite a few illegal cows shot this year....
That's still not an excuse.

bigneily
08-09-2013, 08:42 AM
Wasn't the cow season from the 20th-30th ?, Seem's more than adequate time to inform the public to me. But you can bet there will be some idiot's that will play that "didn't know" card.

Abashai
08-09-2013, 09:10 AM
That's still not an excuse.

Agreed, and I am unsure how the MOE goes about educating people about a change to a season right before it starts. However how many people just look at what's printed in the regs and go, completely thinking they are within the bounds of legality, without any ill intent. Or those who will find out after they've spent a day driving out there and booked a week off... I'm not a biologist so I obviously have zero authority on game populations but I would guess that area could sustain one more year of that season and they could just change it in next years regs.