PDA

View Full Version : moose 7-39

Blacktailz
08-08-2013, 06:32 PM
Hey my father inlaw got a draw for this area and was wondering if anyone could tell me how the access is. not looking for spots just wondering if there are many access roads in the zone...thankx in advance...ps if anyone has one of the bow draws for elk in duncan can pm me for info....

bighorn
08-09-2013, 06:04 AM
friend of mine went in last year and i was in there the 2 years previous,road in is in pretty good shape.not many access roads in there as there was no logging

decker9
08-09-2013, 07:13 AM
There was a post a few weeks ago about a bridge being out on the finlay fsr, if I remember right. But can't remember what km it was at. Was posted that there was a detour a person could take tho, about a 2hr detour. might be worth looking into, would suck to not plan for a detour and run into one. Good luck on your hunt!!

Geo.338
08-09-2013, 09:28 AM
I just spoke to MOF in Mackenzie . The bridge at km 173 will be out from Sept. 1 to Nov. 1 . The detour will be at KM 98 up through Manson Ck. and Germansen Landing . It will add 140 KM to the trip one way . The engineer I spoke to says that it is windier and narrower than the regular route and they will have a grader on it .

So take enough fuel for the extra 300 KM or pay big bucks at Germansen .

Blacktailz
08-09-2013, 06:02 PM
Right on thanks for the heads up

sniper58
08-10-2013, 06:04 AM
I just spoke to MOF in Mackenzie . The bridge at km 173 will be out from Sept. 1 to Nov. 1 . The detour will be at KM 98 up through Manson Ck. and Germansen Landing . It will add 140 KM to the trip one way . The engineer I spoke to says that it is windier and narrower than the regular route and they will have a grader on it .

So take enough fuel for the extra 300 KM or pay big bucks at Germansen .

George,

you guys going up this year?
I got called back to deal with bear problems. I'll be there Aug 21 - Sept 04.

Clint

Geo.338
08-10-2013, 10:36 AM
Hey Clint , Yes we will be going in on about Sept. 20 . Will you be going back in towards the end of September ?

sniper58
08-10-2013, 12:44 PM
I might be back in there on Sept 18
I'll be nightshift.

I'll let you know if I'm going to be there.

Bobfl
08-10-2013, 01:30 PM
174 km is the ominica bridge, If you have to reroute through germanson landing you would be better to go through fort st james, Call germanson landing to make sure the fuel pumps are working prior to going if you need fuel, there is also propane there. Lots of bulls

Rackmastr
08-10-2013, 01:46 PM
174 km is the ominica bridge, If you have to reroute through germanson landing you would be better to go through fort st james, Call germanson landing to make sure the fuel pumps are working prior to going if you need fuel, there is also propane there. Lots of bulls

When I was up there this spring, reports were that the Ft. St. James road was in horrible bumpy shape. Not sure whats its like now, but has had a ton of traffic from the sounds of it.

Germansen and Manson were both fully operational for fuel, but yep totally worth the phone call to make sure. I beleive both are closed on Mondays as well but cant remember.

junkyard_g
08-11-2013, 02:13 AM
Bring more than one spare too, blown a few tires in that country. also never trust the timelines of ministry bridge projects. although their will be lots of user groups pushing for that bridge to get completed on time (conifex, FN, Kemess,etc).

geoskier
08-11-2013, 10:55 PM
Definitely worth getting a goat tag. I spent one day looking for one at the end of a work shift last september and spotted one from the road and had it back to the truck within 3 hours. My 2 cents

swampthing
08-12-2013, 04:29 PM
With the detour aside, there is only one road into 7-39. it is usually in great shape.