PDA

View Full Version : 3-32 D sheep

ees
08-08-2013, 02:39 PM
Hello everyone!

My friend and i are super pumped for the opportunity to put some more miles on our boots this fall. We have a leh for 3-32 d this year but aren't sure where to put our time in. I have hunted near there south of downton and carpenter for deer and moose but never for sheep. The area for the leh is huge from north of downton lake all the way north to relay and mud creek. If anyone has any sightings or info on the area i would really appreciate it. Been looking at the rages near relay cr and spider mt.
Thanks for looking and any help!
Eric

Abashai
08-08-2013, 04:35 PM
Absolutely gorgeous, stunning country! Spent a week up there hunting sheep for the general season... It was more like a hiking trip with a gun though lol. Didn't even see an ewe, although there were quite a few deer, and some bears. We hiked up the spruce lake trail and hunted the range above warner lake. There was a surprising amount of tourist traffic back there for being 30km back into the mountains. Its a big mountain bike destination. Apparently the sheep move through there but definitely not when we were up in early September. You might have better luck coming in from Relay side. I'm clearly not a great source of information but if you can learn where the sheep aren't you might have a better chance of actually finding them lol. Still probably the favorite hunting trip I have done and everyday I wish I was back in the high alpine. Its addicting careful!

ees
08-08-2013, 09:24 PM
Thanks for the input! I agree it is amazing country up there. Hopefully we can get a bit away from to much traffic and people and find some fur. Im looking foward to checking out some new ridges!