PDA

View Full Version : Decent People Still Out There..

hunter1947
08-06-2013, 03:42 AM
I checked my trail cams the last 4 days and 4 of my trail cams had been ripped off the trees from bears I spent over an hour trying to find one of them I found it about 50 yards from the tree it was on ,,bears are a big problem this year for me never had very many times that bears attack my trail cams before.

I spent 4 hours fixing and attaching my trail cams back in place ,,in one area I have my trail cam I got a few pictures of 3 surveyors they where nice enough not to touch my trail cam there are still decent people out there..

One bad thing is that when I first looked at the tree that the trail cam was on it was not there looking at where it was from 50 yards back the first thing that I thought of was them F**king surveyors took it.

As I got up to the tree it was on I saw the trail cam about 5 feet from the tree it was on cords chewed and the springs stretched out of whack I then said I was sorry for blaming the surveyors for taking my trail cam ,,in the picture you can see that the boss is caring a 12 gauge defender in his back pack.

I learned a lesson this past four days that I will be putting all my trail cams up off the ground at about 7 feet will make it a lot harder for the bears to play with the trail cams ,,I think that they see the flash or the red infrared and then go to it and rip it off the tree thinking it might be something to eat ??.

On my thread hunter 1947 trail cam thread you will see that I did a few changes on some of my trail cams on my video clips..

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/x12.JPG

Notice the dog to the right of the person..

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/x22.JPG

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/2535.JPG

One of these took out 4 of my trail cams..

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/medium/x31.JPG

brutus
08-06-2013, 06:13 AM
Looks like a grizz to me,you should post it in dinner bell tread lol

hunter1947
08-06-2013, 06:18 AM
Looks like a grizz to me,you should post it in dinner bell tread lol

Its a Black bear not a grizzly..

Muliechaser
08-06-2013, 07:40 AM
Its a Black bear not a grizzly..

Def a black bear . Looks nothinglike a grizz

Darksith
08-06-2013, 09:02 AM
I doubt its the flash...Im guessing its just the scent, and they are curious. Just my 2 cents...7' aint gonna help ya, maybe get some bear boxes

Sitkaspruce
08-06-2013, 08:41 PM
Get some boxes, either make them yourself or buy them. I have had a hard time with bears and elk this year and the metal boxes have protected the cam and the strap and Python cable have kept the cam on the tree. At one place the strap was pulled off the tree, but the python cable kept it there. Cheap security for the cams.

And it is not the flash as there is no flash during the day and one of my cams is a black flash and they still attack it. Bear and elk are very curious and will attack cams for the hell of it.

Good to see the timber cruisers leaving the cams alone.

Cheers

SS

koothunter
08-06-2013, 08:41 PM
I happen to know the surveyors very well. I worked for him for quite a while.

hunter1947
08-07-2013, 05:15 AM
I happen to know the surveyors very well. I worked for him for quite a while.

When you do see them thank them for me for not touching my trail cam I just would like to know when they will be logging out this place ??? so I can take my trail cam out of this area ,,thank you..

Elkaholic
08-07-2013, 07:24 AM
When you do see them thank them for me for not touching my trail cam I just would like to know when they will be logging out this place ??? so I can take my trail cam out of this area ,,thank you..

We had the same happen on a camera with the forestry guys marking out blocks. We asked them a time frame on when the logging would start. They said once the road they laid out shows up on the forestry google earth plugin you can bet within 3 years its going to get logged. They said from the time of them laying the block it could take 5 years depending. So its a bit of a gamble to a certain point.

Jagermeister
08-07-2013, 08:29 AM
I see one of them surveyors is packing.

Darksith
08-07-2013, 09:44 AM
the forestry google earth plugin

what is this?