PDA

View Full Version : Gold bridge area for Mule deer after the fire.

delboybc
08-04-2013, 02:59 PM
Hi All

I have a couple of weeks off and wanted to do some scouting for the upcoming deer season.

I have been doing some searching on HBC and the area around gold bridge sounds good and it’s a place I have always wanted to visit.

Just noticed that most of the hunting reports are before the big fire they had a few years ago.

Just wondering if anyone has any experience from hunting deer last year?

I like to park the vehicle and do a bit of hiking.

Thanks
Del

The Silent Stalker
08-04-2013, 03:56 PM
Still good hunting. Its started to green again.

Casagrande
08-04-2013, 04:38 PM
Watch out for the Gun Lake Banjo Band.

Gr8 white hunter
08-04-2013, 05:08 PM
Never been there but the wife and i were thinking of seeing what gold bridge is all about around the middle of Aug.

Jelvis
08-04-2013, 05:55 PM
The deer in this burnt area will be darker than normal for some phee nom, In the McClure fire after the bucks got darker hair and they fit in with the burnt trees. Might be the same there, lasted for a few years after the fire. Believe it? Or Not? Jel

frenchbar
08-04-2013, 08:11 PM
Watch out for the Gun Lake Banjo Band.

dam beer stealing... livestock fondling..stumpjumpers...anyways...

juiceterboost
08-04-2013, 11:32 PM
was just up there doing some fly fishing lots of deer kicking around in those burns. While I was working them in 09 the game was already starting to move back in even while we were still doing mop up.

BigfishCanada
08-05-2013, 10:30 AM
Hunted there years back and found an old camp, it was someones father that went missing and the family still maintained it with a request for information if anyone finds any of his stuff? Wonder if they ever found him, saw a trophy mule deer on a hill side once there and then looked at the top of the hill and saw a trophy whitetail. People would say there whitetails in that area, I would say different

juiceterboost
08-05-2013, 10:48 AM
there most definitely is the odd whitetail up there.

BRvalley
08-05-2013, 11:00 AM
very few whitetails but there are some...I saw most around the yalakom

the deer/hunting was still good after the fire when i lived there, fall of 09 and 2010

dec 1-10 is a zoo up there, saw more people in 10 days than the previous 3 months

delboybc
08-05-2013, 11:10 AM
Thanks for the info. Nice to hear the deer are still around.

I was thinking of doing a hunting trip in October. Not sure if worth checking out the ridges a few km north of Mowson pond rec site believe it is called Pearson ridge. Or if I would need to get up higher, say further north like up the relay creek area.

BlackOwL
08-05-2013, 11:29 AM
If I may suggest to take from Pemberton the Duffy Lake Road to Lillooet, Man! You will see deer in that section of road, mostly whitetails is like the mecca of deer and plenty of FSR to explore! Then from Lillooet take
highway 40 ( carpenter lake road) to the end, I was there late July, There is deer but You have to hike to see them.
You might decide to settle for Hunting between Pemberton and Lillooet.
Have a safe trip!