PDA

View Full Version : Information on 4-19B

nwalter
08-03-2013, 09:56 PM
I am looking to head out mid August to do some scouting and would really appreciate some info on a good place to focus on for goats. I would really like my first goat hunt to be filled with good memories :D

nwalter
08-07-2013, 09:35 AM
due to the minimal time for scouting caused by the dreaded 4 letter W word I have been using Google earth to try and get an idea of the areas where it would be a good first start. I think I want to try and start with either Fry creek or tooth ridge. Any feedback from people who know the area is greatly appreciated. THank you

bighornbob
08-07-2013, 10:23 AM
Just looked at where the unit is and what the odds are. Although I have never hunted goats in the said area I have hunted Kaslo and area a few times. With odds of 0.2 to 1, it means hardly anyone applies in there and looking at google maps I can see why. There are no roads other then along the lake edge. You will have a ton of hiking in some of the steepest ugliest terrain there is just to get remotely close and that not even climbing up the mountain to get where the goats are. If you are going early I would hike right to the back of the drainage and get into the snow/ glacier areas. Later on in the season the snow and weather will bring them down a bit, but even then you will have a hike. If you are planning on hunting the area I would not look over the general open season areas in 4-27- 4-30 as these are similar in terrain and there are some roads that get you 3/4 way up the mountain. These areas all used to be on a similar LEH but as no one hunted it they opened it up. Seeing the area in person one knows why. Good luck if you go.

Moose Guide
08-07-2013, 05:08 PM
I live in Meadow Creek, and I would hunt 4-27 ,28, 29 or 30! There are goats in Fry creek right by the trail but that small section of trail where they are easy to get is closed to hunting goats! PM me if you want info on the other areas.

goinghunting
08-07-2013, 05:18 PM
As mentioned there are alot of GOS goat areas in bc that are alot better then that area! 0.2-1 odds should be the hint that they can't hardly give the tags away. But if your gungho to try that area I'd be up fry creek.