PDA

View Full Version : new floating man cave

riflebuilder
08-03-2013, 05:58 AM
Well since we got lucky with the costal grizz tag me and the Bro are going in style....we rented the big bosses company boat for the trip....will be to coziest hunt ever. having trouble posting pics. It is a 72' footer with 3 staterooms. going to be stylinghttp://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/PF3107_EagleOne_01.jpg

calvin L
08-03-2013, 07:38 AM
I'm sure your boss will love the blood and smell of bear on that beast !

The Hermit
08-03-2013, 08:48 AM
Holy cow man that is a big barge!! Does it come with a crew?

bigslim
08-03-2013, 10:20 AM
Holy cow man that is a big barge!! Does it come with a crew?

I heard there is openings for a Leading Seaman or a Rear Admiral, just have to apply. The written part isn't bad but the practical part might be the party ender!!!! :mrgreen:

Darksith
08-03-2013, 12:26 PM
ok, so what does that cost to rent? Im just wondering what the fuel costs would be for that thing...dang but what an amazing way to go hunting if its true

riflebuilder
08-05-2013, 06:05 PM
just have to cover the fuel bill and I have a bud who has a Skipper license (used to run a Crab boat in Alaska). The boat is going in for a complete interior update so the inside is getting gutted. No problem with blood etc. Figure the fuel will cost about $4,000. Food and other necessities about another $2,500 and that is going to be split three ways not to bad. Sleeping on a king bed full kitchen, shower, it's going to suck giving it back even with all the pink.

BRvalley
08-05-2013, 06:38 PM
"grizz tag on a luxury yacht"...sounds like a cover up story for boys weekend with strippers n booze....did your old ladies buy it??? LOL

riflebuilder
08-06-2013, 11:51 AM
Hey we have the LEH and an excuse for a new rifle. 340 Wby mag new scope, brass, bullets, powder...no need for strippers and booze.

riflebuilder
08-06-2013, 11:52 AM
Currently in England on a work trip had to bring along the wife and let her shop to buy her off for the trip to hunt bears....

srupp
08-06-2013, 03:40 PM
hmmmm maybe I should make time to go on this shin-ding...incredible digs..styling!!!!

steven

riflebuilder
08-06-2013, 03:45 PM
After the bears it is off to the charlottes to hunt BT's

r106
08-06-2013, 04:04 PM
Thats a wicked set up. Bear and blacktail hunting try and fit in some salmon, halibut, and prawn fishing and you have a dream vacation/hunt right there.

I'm jealous Good luck and take lots of pics

riflebuilder
08-06-2013, 04:32 PM
The fishing is defiantly on the menu as well. We have a 16' Boston whaler as a runabout. need to pick up a Zodiac as well. Anyone have one for sale? We will be taking lots of pictures. This is a once in a lifetime trip for us, can't wait for late September.

srupp
08-06-2013, 06:15 PM
hmmm don't have one for sale but Ill loan you mine if you want.. Achiles..hypalon...

sounds like a crab, prawn, halibut, coho G bear holiday..

cheers
S

BRvalley
08-06-2013, 06:49 PM
Currently in England on a work trip had to bring along the wife and let her shop to buy her off for the trip to hunt bears....

shopping in England!!! I would've just fessed up to the strippers and spent a few months in the dog house lol

sounds like a once in a lifetime trip, will be looking out for the follow up thread....have a good trip

riflebuilder
08-06-2013, 11:42 PM
I bought a hunting mag over here, anyone who complains about the LEH should be sent here and try to hunt....We have it better than anywhere in the world.

BRvalley
08-07-2013, 09:50 AM
i know it all about that, we have it very good here....my college house (aka the slums) was on the river/lake in peterborough, ON...we had neighbours one summer, 4 guys from england, they said it's cheaper to use their vacation time, fly to canada, rent a cheap house for a month and fish all day, every day....cheaper to do that than it is to join a fishing club in england.....they told us horror stories, pay big $ to join a club with private land, then you need to reserve many weeks in advance the day you want to fish, am or pm time slot...you book a spot on the river and have certain rules about how you are allowed to fish (strictly fly fishing, only dry flies, no chumming or bait fishing, rules depend on the club you join)...the club has "captains" like a CO i guess, that goes around to make sure you are following club rules....insane

riflebuilder
08-07-2013, 01:39 PM
I was walking to the hotel tonight with the wife after having dinner and when we crossed the bridge I looked down and saw a bunch of trout sitting there. I was thinking I should go fishing tomorrow....well now that sounds like it is not going to be an option... still would of been fun.