PDA

View Full Version : Pemberton Rabbits?

Newhunter!
08-01-2013, 05:24 PM
Camping in Pemberton this long weekend, wanting to know if its woth to bring the.22 along.
Never hunted the area before but have lots of maps of the area. Thanks!

Gateholio
08-01-2013, 06:44 PM
What area you camping?

blackford
08-02-2013, 06:07 AM
It is alwaysnworth bringing a .22

longstonec
08-02-2013, 06:30 AM
It is alwaysnworth bringing a .22

^^^ what he said

Newhunter!
08-02-2013, 07:30 AM
Camping @Narin falls.

Gateholio
08-02-2013, 10:21 AM
Can't say I've seen many rabbits around there. I do see them running across the road to Birkenhead lake though. Keep in mind that there will be campers strewn all around all the roads this weekend so be sure of your backstops if plinking.

new hunter
08-05-2013, 10:03 PM
I used to get a few up Rutherford creek , but in all honest rabbits are a bit rare to see . Are rabbits in season right now , or just snow shoe hares . Its been a while since I looked in the regs about rabbits , and I don't have one in front of me . If youre thinking the local rabbits are invasives , you are wrong . I don't mean to be abrasive , I only ask because I made that exact mistake in that exact area when I first started hunting . I thought the rabbits I was shooting out of season were eastern cottontails ( did a comparative image search , and was sure I was right , but I wasn't ) .Sadly the area I thinned out still hasn't fully recovered . It would suck if 2 guys named New hunter wiped out all the rabbits in the valley. And to add to our name coincidence , I grew up just south of you in Ladysmith , what are the odds .

Blair
08-06-2013, 08:38 AM
One evening about this time of summer a few years ago I was over the Hurley just before dark and it was crawling with bunnies. Maybe it was a big year for rabbits.