PDA

View Full Version : CHARLIE LAKE by Ft St John BC

REMINGTON JIM
08-01-2013, 03:41 PM
Hey :-D anyone got any " GOOD" fishing tips on CHARLIE LAKE by Ft St John for pike and walley :confused: going there next week ! Thks :) RJ

Surrey Boy
08-01-2013, 04:46 PM
Boat? Shore?

Beatton Park has always been good to me for pike, spincasting in the evening. Walleye can be pulled in off the wharf at Rotary Park in the dark. I usually use crankbait and spoons.

On the other hand, the Peace River is unusually low right now, if you can get out to Hudson's Hope the Fingers are dry.

BRvalley
08-01-2013, 06:21 PM
if you see a red lund with a lab pup feel free to follow me around for my left overs hahha....last sunday was a 30+ walleye day, all on jigs and drop shotting with the cold front moving through, light bites but they were feeding heavy

very good walleye and ok pike fishery, large pike are in deeper water and harder to catch right now, look for mid lake structure around the 15-20' depth, rip reaction baits in any of the bays and you'll find small pike

trolling the shoreline will get you a few walleye, wash cranks or worm harnesses...once you locate a few bites look for the structure on structure and jig or drop shot...if you don't have a trolling motor anchor on the points and jig

they're still holding to summer patterns still and i'm doing better on smaller baits, when it gets colder in september thats when i troll the larger baits

rapala tail dancers are my fav trolling crank

REMINGTON JIM
08-01-2013, 08:53 PM
BRvalley Thks Guy Great info there ! i appreciate it - :-D Cheers RJ

REMINGTON JIM
08-01-2013, 08:54 PM
Boat? Shore?

Beatton Park has always been good to me for pike, spincasting in the evening. Walleye can be pulled in off the wharf at Rotary Park in the dark. I usually use crankbait and spoons.

On the other hand, the Peace River is unusually low right now, if you can get out to Hudson's Hope the Fingers are dry.

Hi SB ! I have a 14 ft boat and i will be going up the Peace River - any areas to target there ? And in Charlie Lake ? Thks :-D RJ

Surrey Boy
08-04-2013, 09:11 PM
Hard to say with the river fluctuations lately - the water is unusually murky, especially below the Halfway mouth. If you go out to Hudson's Hope and take the bridge across the river, there's the smallest pullout on the south side. Trails from that pullout go down to a couple good holes and the Fingers, which you can see from the bridgedeck. Lynx Creek is a decent spot without any hiking, and if you have an ATV or very capable 4X4 there is Schneider's Hole, just upstream of the Halfway. It is outside the lower Halfway no-fishing zone, but the access road starts just upstream of the Halfway delta (visible from the highway).

Charlie lake is only about ten feet deep, except for the lower east portion which has a trench averaging 30', with good trolling there as the lake gets warmer.

Sorry for the late reply; I keep having to go up the SYD Road on odd jobs.

BuckNaked
08-04-2013, 11:02 PM
Rattling raps for the pike! With a little twich and you wont be able to keep em off!

BRvalley
08-05-2013, 02:26 PM
Charlie lake is only about ten feet deep, except for the lower east portion which has a trench averaging 30', with good trolling there as the lake gets warmer.

I dunno, it's a lot more than 10fow throughout the whole lake...you can find max depth of 18-27 fow through the whole lake, end to end, I have your trench way pointed but the whole north end is 18+ in the centre of the lake also

rem jim - find shallow, find deep, fish the transition, shallower if you have overcast and in the evenings/mornings

anglers atlas and the peace river fishing booklet are decent little maps

fishing midweek will get you less skiing and tubing traffic if you are into trolling the deeper water

Surrey Boy
08-12-2013, 07:32 PM
Jim, what did you catch?

Rackem
08-19-2013, 01:21 PM
Definitely squiggle tail things...
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/970651_10151535250925754_992487582_n.jpg
https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/533930_10151535248690754_1804902700_n.jpg
https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/526444_10151535247570754_2083758723_n.jpg

LYKTOHUNT
08-19-2013, 01:36 PM
I have been there end of may a few years ago and was told not to bother in August because of algae bloom, it looks like this was not good info from what you folks are saying and catching. This is good as we are planning our family camping trip for next year and I was wanting to go back to Charlie around the August long weekend. Is there campsites that you can beach tin boats at or do you have to pull them out everyday

adriaticum
08-19-2013, 01:50 PM
Reckem, you look somewhat familiar.
I do business with a bunch of companies up there and maybe you work for one of them.
Good fishin'!

Rackem
08-19-2013, 01:56 PM
Reckem, you look somewhat familiar.
I do business with a bunch of companies up there and maybe you work for one of them.
Good fishin'!
I'm a medic...doubt you would have run across me, just moved to this area last year from the Kootenays. I go back and forth between Chetwynd and the Koots.

adriaticum
08-19-2013, 02:05 PM
I'm a medic...doubt you would have run across me, just moved to this area last year from the Kootenays. I go back and forth between Chetwynd and the Koots.

Ok, then probably not.
Most of my customers are in Oil & gas.

browningboy
08-19-2013, 09:52 PM
Is there any cabin rentals on this lake or rv spots? Like lakefront?

REMINGTON JIM
08-19-2013, 10:18 PM
Jim, what did you catch?

Sorry for the LATE reply SB - i never did get there yet ! :icon_frow Maybe in Oct now ! :wink: RJ

bridger
08-19-2013, 10:23 PM
Is there any cabin rentals on this lake or rv spots? Like lakefront?
Beatton provincial park