PDA

View Full Version : Campbell River Pinks

tinhorse
08-01-2013, 03:03 PM
Anybody fishing the Campbell River for pinks yet? We are thinking of heading out on Saturday but not sure if it is worth it yet?? Thanks

Shooter
08-01-2013, 03:14 PM
Theres a few running through now. Not super thick but we ate one last night.

Geo.338
08-01-2013, 03:21 PM
Is the odd or even year the peak run ? Been awhile since I fished them on the Island , like 20 yrs . Used to fish the cluxewe and the a couple others north .

Would like to get over there again though . Great fun with tonnes of action .

steel_ram
08-01-2013, 06:27 PM
Counts showed only a few schools in the river. More fishers than fish.

tinhorse
08-01-2013, 09:27 PM
Thanks, won't bother until next week then. I will get out skeet shooting instead on saturday.

Shooter
08-01-2013, 10:39 PM
My kids going in the morning I can give a better report tomorrow

Sofa King
08-01-2013, 10:43 PM
i'm heading down this weekend. heard they are fishing good right off the beaches.

steel_ram
08-02-2013, 07:32 AM
It shows what a sad state our salmon fishing is in when people are seriously targeting slimers. I used to get laughed at when I took my fly rod down to the Campbell for some casting between Tyee tides. Now it's shoulder to shoulder.

Viper
08-02-2013, 07:35 AM
It shows what a sad state our salmon fishing is in when people are seriously targeting slimers. I used to get laughed at when I took my fly rod down to the Campbell for some casting between Tyee tides. Now it's shoulder to shoulder.
Fish SNOB!!!!

russm
08-02-2013, 08:18 AM

Whats wrong with a pink? They're good for smoking and good on the BBQ if eaten fresh.

Sofa King
08-02-2013, 08:50 AM

how's that a "sad state"?
it's a good thing that people are just out fishing.
some people love carp fishing, hell, there's people who will fish all week for squaw-fish.
I don't judge what a person loves to fish for.
my favourite fish to target is pike, and many hate them with a passion.

steel_ram
08-02-2013, 09:07 AM
Why is it a "sad state"? Not that long ago you could easily limit in those same waters with coho and chinook and at that time pinks were considered garbage. Yes it's great that there's an opportunity but in reality we're scraping the bottom of the barrel. I'll be out there having fun. I'll even fish for carp if that's all we have left, but that will mean the rest of the fish are in a "sad state". Understand what I mean?

Shooter
08-02-2013, 11:10 AM
well my son hooked into 7 or 8 this morning so there are some there now, not thick yet but at least a few

Randywaugh1
08-03-2013, 08:09 AM
Was there yesterday pinks are just starting to flow in