PDA

View Full Version : Jennings Lakes fishing

Geronimo
08-01-2013, 02:50 PM
Just wondering if anyone out there has been to Jennings Lakes in Northern BC in mid September- I am looking for some tips as to lures/flies to bring--I haven't been able to find any information on-line from various sites, Yes it is primarily a hunting trip, but being on a lake for 2 weeks, a little local lake fish would be tasty. I'm planning to bring fly rod and flies,( Leaches, sprattlies and some floating fies) but a casting rod with lures (flatfish, alligators,spoons etc) might be better. Anyone been there?? P.S. I'm NOT looking for hot spots-- just a little assistance on gear I should bring :?

butcher
08-01-2013, 03:05 PM
Fished some lakes around there. Usually big lakers on big lures like a red devil or kitimat. i bet you could catch lots of grayling on a leech, wooly bugger, tom thumb.

Everett
08-01-2013, 03:34 PM
According to the survey data there is lake trout and Mountain Whitefish in Jennings. We fished a small lake near there and were catching 5lb lake trout.

Geronimo
08-01-2013, 09:24 PM
Thanks Butcher and Everett for your response- I had heard there were Rainbows, Whitefish and Grayling in the lake--no pressure on the lake so they should be relatively easy to hook- should be fun finding them

OBee
07-18-2019, 12:33 AM
See Any moose or sign near Jennings?

srupp
07-18-2019, 11:45 AM
Hmmm been on Jennings numerous times..several big game species and fishing..too much to type..send pm..camping spot..trappers camp..guide cabin..where we got game..etc
Send pm with phone number, I will call
Ps GREAT location
Cheers
Srupp