PDA

View Full Version : Picked up my new gear today!

The Hermit
01-13-2007, 06:33 PM
http://www.members.shaw.ca/btozer/archery/Package.JPG

http://www.members.shaw.ca/btozer/archery/Bow.JPG

http://www.members.shaw.ca/btozer/archery/Release1.JPG

PSE Dakota 50-60lb bow
Corbra Sidewinder 3Pin Sight
LimbSavers
Chubs
Fletcher 44 Caliper Release
Quicky Quiver
Doinker
Dozen Eason Carbunherus 500's with 100 gram tips
Plano Pillarlock Case

John spent about two and half hours tuning and setting up the whole rig, test shooting it and readjusting it, then getting me shooting bulls at 10 and 20 yards. We were both punching three and four consecutive arrows into the same hole!! The guy is magic and I highly recommend asking for him at Island Outfitters in Victoria. AWESOME!!

Now it will be practicing every second day for a half hour to ge ready for spring bear... Franko and I are going to back one another up with rifles just in case. ;-) I am pumped!

Bow Walker
01-13-2007, 06:56 PM
Great looking setup Bill. Hope to see you at the range, or at an upcoming 3D shoot, soon.

Congrats!

Dan.

30-06
01-13-2007, 07:34 PM
very nice lookin bow..congrates

MRP
01-13-2007, 08:03 PM
Good choice I've had one for 6 years no trubbles.

Franko Manini
01-14-2007, 11:37 PM
Had an opportunity to shoot a few with Hermit today. He's doing great. The bow shoots well, and has a nice cast.

Watch the creep on your release Hermit!

Nails
01-16-2007, 12:37 AM
Nice looking set up Hermit. It is good to here positive info from island outfitters also.

huntwriter
01-16-2007, 01:03 AM
Good looking gear.

Thor
01-18-2007, 10:23 PM
Nice setup :)

J_T
01-20-2007, 02:17 PM
I see money was no object and technology ruled the day there Hermit.

There is something sweet about letting an arrow fly.

JT

oldtimer
01-20-2007, 04:38 PM
PRETTY !!!!!!! lol very nice looking set up. Mike

The Hermit
01-20-2007, 05:08 PM

JT

Actually J_T the money thing wasn't a big deal on this set up... the bow was only $300 and with all the rest of the gear and taxes in it was $805. If I decide to move into a faster bow in a year or two I figure all the accessories will stay with me and I should be able to get at least half the cost of the bow back. What does a a decent long bow run these days?

I have been spending about a half hour most days practicing in the back yard with the bow set to 50 pounds. I am starting to get a more natural feel for it. I must admit with the sights and release technology putting three in a two inch bull isn't hard from ten to twenty yards. My consistency is getting better although today I made a pretty bad shot and poked it about ten inces wide, Ha.

At twenty five five yards I'm only inside four inches so need to work on that and get some coaching on form I think. I will need to get to a range to try it at longer distances as I'm limited here at home. I find it hard to believe that these things are going to kill a moose or bear... the bow is so quiet and I can see the arrow in flight, when I've made a bad shot that is. I guess I am just used to the big bang! Having fun though...

Franko Manini
01-20-2007, 05:36 PM

JT

Money no object for Hermit. Now THAT'S FUNNY!!!

Bow Walker
01-21-2007, 08:45 PM
My consistency is getting better although today I made a pretty bad shot and poked it about ten inces wide, Ha....
Bill, there is always at least one "flyer" in a dozen arrows - or so the story goes anyway. So......I suggest you get rid of that particular arrow right away!:) :roll:

The Hermit
01-21-2007, 09:07 PM
Are you talking about Franko?? He is a flyer of sorts.