PDA

View Full Version : Lets hear your best elk,mooseburger recipes. I'm looking for some new ideas.

Bugle master
07-29-2013, 04:21 PM
My aunt had a elkburger recipe that was to die for. She would make burgers for all the guys on the farm during crop time and everybody always said they were the best. She never passed the recipe on before she died, always said she would take it to the grave and she did. Lol.
Find my self missing those burgers so I thought I'd ask you guys what's your favourite recipe for making mouth watering burgers. Maybe you like using elk or moose or deer or whatever but lets hear em boys/girl.

07-29-2013, 04:54 PM
Grate up a box of stove top dressing until its fine, add desired amount to favorite burger, mix together with one egg...........of all the different recipes I've tried over the years, this is the best one to date.

Charts
07-29-2013, 06:21 PM
the stove top dressing is a brilliant idea thanks for that one. I use my ground moose 3 lbs lets say and mix with bread crumbs 3-4 eggs garlic BBQ sauce salt and pepper. Although I really will be excited to use the stove top idea this weekend. Family camping this weekend and of course scouting!!!

Krico
07-29-2013, 08:33 PM
My fave is crushed cheddar cheese ritz crackers, eggs, Worcestershire Sauce, crushed garlic, fresh ground pepper, seasoning salt and a splash of BBQ sauce. Most importantly don't over cook as wild game is so lean it dries out easy.

hunter1947
07-30-2013, 03:52 AM
I put onions in my game hamburger with a couple eggs ,,a tablespoon of mustard with a sprinkle of garlic salt tasts great..

sawmill
07-30-2013, 08:41 AM
This is for about a pound of meat.Onion soup mix,half a pack,,crushed crackers,one egg,a dash of Franks Red Hot(I put that shit in everything)and form the patties around a nice big piece of cheese.Cheddar,Mozza,whatever you like.I prefer jalepeno Havarti.That way the cheese is molten inside and keeps the burger moist.I NEVER mix my deer or elk burger with pork or beef fat,and I grind my own.Never had a dry burger.Just don`t cook the crap out of them.If you run straight clean homeground(important to be home ground,never trust the shit you get back from the butcher)you will have an incredible burger.Your butcher ain`t going to grind your 12 pounds of hamburger or sausage seperately,it all goes into a 50 gallon tub,yours,mine and the guy with the stinky bull.When it`s full you get your 12 pounds.That`s why I bought all my own gear.

BromBones
07-30-2013, 06:59 PM
If you have your own grinder, grind up some bacon, mix by hand with the burger, and run through the grinder again.

Makes a good flavour and you don't have to worry about the meat drying out so much.

ducktoller
08-04-2013, 10:34 PM
1 lb elk, 1 egg(medium), 1/2 cup Italian breadcrumbs, somefine chopped
yellow onion, splash some Worcestershire, then either fleur de sel an pepper or some
Wild west steak spice( some rhandsome
One from gourmet warehouse.

Simple and easy