PDA

View Full Version : Bowser Lake: boat access?

Ambush
07-28-2013, 10:03 AM
I'd like to get a small boat or Zodiac and light camp, into Bowser Lake. Does anyone have any current or relevant info they be willing to share in a pm? Is it possible to get a quad to the old bridge site on Bowser River just below the lake?

How is the fishing? Trolling, casting with spoons?

Thanks in advance for the flood of info that is sure to come. :-D :mrgreen:

emerson
12-08-2013, 03:56 PM
I'd like to get a small boat or Zodiac and light camp, into Bowser Lake. Does anyone have any current or relevant info they be willing to share in a pm? Is it possible to get a quad to the old bridge site on Bowser River just below the lake?

How is the fishing? Trolling, casting with spoons?

Thanks in advance for the flood of info that is sure to come. :-D :mrgreen:

You too? I went online to look and here I am.

Cordillera
12-08-2013, 05:48 PM
There is now a road up the side of bowser to access the brucejack project. It's private and crosses the bell Irving north of bowser. While that doesn't get you where you want to go, it might mean traffic near the lake when you get back there. If you are planning to hunt the south west side of the lake the road probably won't make any difference. I haven't been on the river but flew over this year and I was pretty sure you could line a canoe up to the lake from the old forestry bridge.

btridge
12-09-2013, 09:15 PM
drove to the old bridge site last spring, a few rubs on the truck, but not to bad....water was roaring pretty good, so we stayed off the river...

.330 Dakota
12-09-2013, 09:41 PM
Yup, you can drive to the bridge with a truck. I was there with a Dodge diesel last spring.

white moose
12-09-2013, 10:34 PM
Is this river jet boatable? Was looking at it on google earth. Must be some moose up there.

btridge
12-09-2013, 11:04 PM
Is this river jet boatable? Was looking at it on google earth. Must be some moose up there.
6-16 no gos, no leh for moose

emerson
12-10-2013, 07:14 AM
6-16 no gos, no leh for moose
Noticed that. Land claims thing, or what?

Cordillera
12-10-2013, 07:21 AM
There is a long story about the decline of the Nass moose but harvest of cows by First Nations may have contributed. There were also declines in population in areas not hunted by First Nations so other factors probably played a factor too.

257stew
12-10-2013, 09:35 AM
Seems strange that a lake that size and so close to the highway does not have access, at minimum a Forestry site with 2-3 sites an out house and a boat launch...... I would love to hunt that lake as well.

.330 Dakota
12-10-2013, 10:07 AM
I had a spring griz draw there 2 years ago,,I couldnt get across that river in the spring,,almost as wild as the Fraser,,by removing the old bridge they have locked up a lot of prime hunting area

two-feet
12-10-2013, 10:30 AM
Im sure the lake holds fish but it is the colour of milk from the glacial till