PDA

View Full Version : all these side roads in fsj

thunderheart
07-26-2013, 11:44 AM
well we are officially here and i have been doing some exploration ..
FIRST AND FORMOST i am not looking for honey holes ..just curious about the roads and the like ... in general i see alot of oil patch side roads like off of the haystack or farrel creek roads ..what is the allowable norm on these roads ?..can a person drive or walk these roads and cut lines or am i trespassing?..my main interest is moose and i can see why this is quad country lol ..

any help would be appreciated

wayne

leadpillproductions
07-26-2013, 11:49 AM
Most rds u can walk quad down fill your boots. Always been good downd ferrel creek rd u canvcut over to the halfway river
Good moose in there

thunderheart
07-26-2013, 02:52 PM
thanks ... i have been up to 53.5 k and then across the altares to haystack and back out ...

Sitkaspruce
07-26-2013, 09:08 PM
All oil and gas roads on crown land can be used by the public, they can only close the road to vehicle traffic if there is an emergency, road improvements or environmental concern for the road. Private land is different.

Pretty well all the roads around here you can access; logging, oil and gas or geophysical.

Keep exploring and you will be surprised at what you will find. Saw a couple 4x4 muleys today, plus a bunch of whitetails, all off the Beaton Rd.

Cheers

SS

thunderheart
07-27-2013, 02:23 PM
All oil and gas roads on crown land can be used by the public, they can only close the road to vehicle traffic if there is an emergency, road improvements or environmental concern for the road. Private land is different.

Pretty well all the roads around here you can access; logging, oil and gas or geophysical.

Keep exploring and you will be surprised at what you will find. Saw a couple 4x4 muleys today, plus a bunch of whitetails, all off the Beaton Rd.

Cheers

SS

thanks ... i am driving for a crew shuttle company and get on some of the roads ...lots of side roads for sure ,,, saw abig black mamma bear off 95 with 4 cubs .. one real small and slow .. the little runt probably wont make it

quadrakid
07-27-2013, 06:13 PM
Don,t bet on it,some of us runts prosper!

thunderheart
07-28-2013, 05:37 AM
Don,t bet on it,some of us runts prosper!

lmao ... how ya doing buddy ... how was the park?

i hope that comical little bugger prospers ..he was a cute little bear to watch