PDA

View Full Version : Hips Targets

Bowzone_Mikey
07-26-2013, 09:34 AM
By far and large the best portable target on the Market for both feildpoints and broad heads

here is why

http://youtu.be/rFsKXcuO-4M

Get yours in BC Via "The Hermit" at Vantange Point

StoneChaser
07-27-2013, 10:26 AM
I am going to fully disagree with you on this one, sorry.

I bought a Hips 12 pack from VPO during the intro sale. I can honestly say I am very disappointed.

Arrows punch clear out the backside (right from the first shot) the target is too light (moves at each shot) and arrows pull somewhat difficult. Also it doesn't self heal...Basically a super overpriced Wal Mart layered target. After owning both now (own 4 Rinehart), I can say that Rinehart is superior in every way.

Bowzone_Mikey
07-27-2013, 11:21 AM
sorry you feel that way ... I respect your opinion ...

that said I do not shoot the 12 pack

I dont think the pull from herd bull (model I have) or the X2 series in general is difficult ... as my 9 year old daughter can pull my arrows from it ... she cant from any other target that we have shot together on.

the light weight of it is what keeps its longivity ... with the ability to disperse the energy easier it will last longer
I like the fact my 4 year old daughter can move it around the yard for me

so yes I am lazy ... get my daughter to get the arrows I shot and my other one to move the target ... why else would anyone have kids???

StoneChaser
07-27-2013, 11:45 AM
Haha....now I feel a little wimpy if she's pulling them that easy. I do think you may be onto something with the arrow retrievers.....I've got 3 of them myself but need to train 'em up.

Ambush
07-27-2013, 12:08 PM
... as my 9 year old daughter can pull my arrows from it ...

Maybe you should consider getting a Mathews. :mrgreen:

donny.brooke
07-27-2013, 03:54 PM
I bought the Herd Bull during the intro sale and having the same issues as Stone Chaser. My Rinhart and Block Black are far better in my opinion.

Spy
07-27-2013, 04:19 PM
Im loving my 12 pack no problems here !:-) I have not had a pass through,shooting broad heads & feild points. Well worth the $40 & arrows pull easy for me. My bow is rated at 330 fps.

The Hermit
08-03-2013, 06:12 PM
WOW - Sorry some of you are disappointed with the HIPS targets. If you purchased a HIPS from VantagePoint during the sale and are not happy I will offer you 20% off on any Rinehart or Block Black target you like. Shipping will be an additional $25.