PDA

View Full Version : Waterfowl Creston bc

Captainkf
07-25-2013, 10:38 PM
Hey all, I am moving to Creston and am wondering about what the waterfowl situation was like. Anyone who has any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks all!

lorneparker1
07-26-2013, 01:23 PM
Drive around! There was zillions of honkers around there when we went through on our way to goat country

monasheemountainman
07-26-2013, 01:28 PM
the flats is where everyone goes to hunt waterfowl there. its in west creston. lots of places to go and good hunting.

Captainkf
07-26-2013, 09:29 PM
Great, thanks!

Captainkf
08-22-2013, 11:36 PM
Well I now have a hunting permit with the conservation society as well as my provincial and federal permits(really, anyone else want to reach into my wallet for paperwork!) and have come to realize that most of the flats area is private land. I am thinking of building a floating blind out of my canoe for the dike/marsh area but am unsure of weather this ok. So any thoughts pm or public Would be very much appreciated or any local hunters wanting a tag along would be great. Thanks!

jtred
08-23-2013, 02:07 PM
The Creston Valley Wildlife Management area(CVWMA) is not private, you just require the permit to hunt in there. It is huge and a canoe is definitely a good idea for getting around and crossing the canals,channels, and dikes in there. Be aware the season does not begin until October 1st in the CVWMA, and Duck lake is part of it. There are also a lot of deer, elk, bear, and moose to be found in the CVWMA you just have to be able get whatever you shoot out under your own power as no motorized transport is allowed. Some of the farmers may be willing to allow goose and duck hunters access since they are a problem with crops(the season goes until late in December to try and reduce the resident populations). You'll just have knock on a few doors. Good luck and enjoy the valley.