PDA

View Full Version : Skeena river fishing suggestions

white moose
07-25-2013, 07:34 PM
I'm working in new hazelton and have my jet boat along. I was wondering where some good spots are to bar fish. Was hoping someone could point us in the right direction. We boated up the bulkley to the hagwilget bridge and tried there with no success. Would love to get a chinook. Thanks.

Rhyno
07-25-2013, 07:42 PM
Go past Terrace heading toward Rupert...there is a launch at bridge where the Extew River crosses the highway. Head down till you hit the main stream Skeena then make your way up stream. After a bit you will see some nice bar on river right.... Beauty spot! I moved from Terrace this spring, but word is the fishing sucks this year for springs and sockeye is closed.....Hope you can prove them wrong! Good Luck

white moose
07-25-2013, 07:58 PM
Right on, thanks for the tip. I had 1 chinook on at anderson flats, but spit the hook after about 5 minutes. Awesome fight. I was hoping to find a spot closer than terrace, but we can travel. Anybody else fishing up here these days?

srupp
07-25-2013, 08:49 PM
18 mile bar...

srupp

358jess
07-25-2013, 08:58 PM
I've caught chinook in the past on the kispiox, don't know if your want to jet boat it. Roads follow it way up.

srupp
07-25-2013, 10:39 PM
or further down on the opposite side of the river by the old fishing lodge...

sawmill
07-26-2013, 06:01 AM
Power line hole on the Kispiox ask anyone in town where it is,bottom bouncing spin glows with a drop weight or a #65 blue and silver with red spoon.The mouth of the Kitwanga river is good,there is an underwater bar just out of casting distance that channels HUGE salmon.Turn right into Kitwanga then left just past the bridge,takes you right to the rivers edge.I lived in Newtown for 15 years.You are getting pretty late for springs though.In a few weeks the pinks will be running good.Try the bar at the mouth of the Bulkley down by K-San too,be careful,if you wade out too far the gravel goes out from under your feet and you are dead.That`s a great place to float fish for everything.And you can use roe there.

Kalum
07-26-2013, 07:00 AM
Come join the gong show on the hog line in Terrace. Little combative fishing but big springs. Back bouncing roe from the boat works best. I use a 5/0 hook on a 6 ft leader. Chunk of yarn tied on just above the hook, then a bead followed by a mini pink sninNglow. Tie this mess to a 3 way swivel and hook a 5 ounce ball weight. Follow the lead of the other boats for spots and bounce the ball down the skeena. Good fun, boated 10 last night, biggest was 48lb.

doubled
07-26-2013, 08:38 AM
Kalum ,that is AWESOME. I would love to boat ten in one day!!!!

sawmill
07-26-2013, 09:08 AM
Come join the gong show on the hog line in Terrace. Little combative fishing but big springs. Back bouncing roe from the boat works best. I use a 5/0 hook on a 6 ft leader. Chunk of yarn tied on just above the hook, then a bead followed by a mini pink sninNglow. Tie this mess to a 3 way swivel and hook a 5 ounce ball weight. Follow the lead of the other boats for spots and bounce the ball down the skeena. Good fun, boated 10 last night, biggest was 48lb.

Ferry Island combat fishing!As bad as Idiot rock in Morricetown.

Kalum
07-26-2013, 12:51 PM
Fond memories of idiot rock.... my favorite was watching a fellow hook a tackle box on his backswing and then launch it out over the pool. it opened about midway and rained lures all right across the pool. It can certainly be a little nutso around here but with a boat you can always get away. Most of the fish I'm picking up are down below the power lines. Not as busy as in previous years.

elknut
07-27-2013, 09:49 PM
No such place as 18 mile bar.....It's gone....Right beside the tracks is a very deep and fast straight through channel..All bars from Terrace downstream are gone for bank fisherman..I even heard that China bar was unfishable earlier..You need a boat..

2stroked
07-28-2013, 07:06 AM
China bar is all right now. Caught a jack the other day, pinks there also. I was told steelhead and coho were starting too but didn't see any.