PDA

View Full Version : Tumbler Help!

Big G Hunter
07-24-2013, 06:02 AM
I am going to be working in Tumbler Ridge for the next 3 months or so, and was wondering about the hunting? Is there a cooler in town, or anyplace to hang game meat? I know there is a cooler in Chetwynd (hopefully still open), but a long was to travel for just evening hunting.

Also looking for general direction for moose and elk hunting locations. Not your honey holes just some direction. I only have time to hunt in the evenings after 5pm after work. Any help would be great.

Darksith
07-24-2013, 06:17 AM
if it was anything like last year space will be limited...everyone in the area from dawson to chetwynd to tumbler was full last year...pm sent

whitetailsheds
07-24-2013, 08:28 AM
Big G.....moose and elk are plentiful in many areas between DC and TR, and Chetty to TR. Any access to get you closer to the Murray will help, and areas to the south of TR hold everything as well. Critter paradise!!
And the way the country is opening up, access is better, meaning some of those tucked away areas on Google Earth or Bing Maps, are reachable as well.

Now if you're spending lots of time in 7-21, rather than 7-20 or 7-19 and are seeing some grizzly, let me know.

I got one of the 7-21 tags and am looking for similar help between Chetty and TR and some of the roads going west off of that road. I have not spent much time in those areas (Wolverine, Bullmoose, and some other road across from the Gwillim Lake campgrnd). That's 7-21 also from what I can see.

Coolers in Chetty are Mike Russell (I think he is still opperating but not full time, I could be wrong). He is awesome!!!

And around here is a fellow by the name of Richard. I'll check it out further for a number.

Sofa King
07-24-2013, 08:59 AM
dude, you're in tumbler, any direction from there is better moose country than anywhere down here.
careful heading dawson direction from there, there's been mugwump sightings thataway.
you're in some awesome river fishing areas.