PDA

View Full Version : 5-4A moose draw [ suggestions/advice ]

srthomas75
07-23-2013, 10:19 PM
I was looking for opinions or general advice on hunting in the area 5-4A. My group I hunt with has a draw for here this year. We normally stay in 5-3 and this was a second choice draw that we won. We haven't been in here before and I haven't been able to find a great deal of information on it yet. [we would go for a drive to check it out but are travelling from the island] My main concerns are with issues with the locals and security of our camp if we are in the bush all day...?? Has anyone had to deal with anything like that here?? Or if someone has any advise on good or bad spots to set up a camp would be appreciated. [We were thinking of staying at Big Lake or Davidson Bridge] thanks in advance Steve

.330 Dakota
07-24-2013, 12:38 AM
There are natives in that area,,although I have not had any troubles with them, I have heard others have. The Davidson Bridge site is a little too easy to access in my opinion. We always went south or left at the bridge and headed into Powell Creek area (5-4J) for goats etc.
Not sure if that is your moose zone or not. I know the FN were all upity about the Prosperity Mine deal which is in there.
We were quite a ways in there so we didnt see any people, but at the bridge there is lots of traffic, so your camp could be at risk,,not just from disgruntled FN but from scumbags in general

srthomas75
07-24-2013, 06:33 AM
I don't think Powell creek is in our zone. We have to stay on the other side of the Taseko Lake / river from what I can tell. And the Nemiah valley rd that starts at Davidson bridge is the northern boundary.