PDA

View Full Version : Two Bull Elk Spotted in Maple Ridge

Whonnock Boy
07-23-2013, 09:36 PM
A good friend of mine messaged me tonight saying that an old classmate of his posted on FB that he spotted a couple bulls close to the Haney by-pass and Kanaka Creek. Others have been spotted here before. One was hit by a vehicle not far from where these were spotted a few years back, and another was spotted on the flats heading to Mission a year or two ago. Coincidentally, all these occurrences happened around the same time of year. Apparently they were a couple "good" bulls. There was a vehicle pulled over, and the person was taking pictures, so I am hoping they find there way to the internet. Hope they stick around, and survive the lower mainland. :?

Elkaddict
07-23-2013, 10:24 PM
Wouldn't that be cool, to be able to fine tune your bugles and cow calls while hiking the local hills?:mrgreen:

Moe.JKU
07-23-2013, 10:46 PM
Haha i saw a picture of these things not to long ago by someone on facebook. Description Moose!! Clearly an elk. Someone even commented. Elk you yuppie.

Brew
07-24-2013, 06:46 AM
Thats great. i think we will start to see more now that we have them at upper Pitt, upper Stave and harrison lake. We always see them in the summer here so looks like it will be a popular summering ground for them.