PDA

View Full Version : leh question (group bull question)

blackford
07-22-2013, 07:12 PM
Well... we got our first bull moose group draw .. but a question

I noticed it says I have to hunt together with my partner. We usually take 2 trucks and typically his wife comes for the ride..

Being we have to hunt together, do we have to be within the line of sight of one another.. we have radios and wwill be in contact at all times. We also will be hunting the same general area but cover more groud...

Would I be doing something wrong

The Dawg
07-22-2013, 07:17 PM
Well... we got our first bull moose group draw .. but a question

I noticed it says I have to hunt together with my partner. We usually take 2 trucks and typically his wife comes for the ride..

Being we have to hunt together, do we have to be within the line of sight of one another.. we have radios and wwill be in contact at all times. We also will be hunting the same general area but cover more groud...

Would I be doing something wrong

IMO, being in radio contact would be sufficient.

Ambush
07-22-2013, 07:48 PM
I think you mean you have a shared draw; two hunters, one tag? In that case you need to be able to maintain communication, by any reliable means.

blackford
07-22-2013, 07:54 PM
sorry your correct. its a shared hunt I have.... so radio is sufficient?

Darksith
07-22-2013, 07:54 PM
Do whatever it takes to not shoot more moose than you are allowed for your group...radio contact, close proximity, cell phone coverage...whatever it takes. If you shoot 2 then you are just a stupid poacher...no one wants that.

Dusty Roads
07-22-2013, 08:51 PM
A buddy got one a few years ago there was 2 of them. So one tag. There was a few times each went out on thier own but they called in advance. Kinda " I'm going out thurs can ya make it? No? Ok stay the hell home" I assume that works too. Like others said just be sure your communication is clear as to who is where, when and who etc. if both out I would assume radios in constant range or cell service is needed to be sure

blackford
07-22-2013, 10:04 PM
Yes obviously we would not take 2 .

Wouldn't cross my mind

Darksith
07-23-2013, 08:29 AM
Yes obviously we would not take 2 .

Wouldn't cross my mind

You say that, but that means if you gotta communicat before you shoot if you aren't close enough to hear the shot...odds are slim, but it is possible that you both pop 1 at the same time. Generally what we do when we get our group draws is we hunt close together but not that close. So if someone shoots you can hear the gun shot because your both in the same draw, just 500m apart. Then you can radio that you got 1.

Paulyman
07-23-2013, 09:15 AM
1 moose for 2 guys, 2 moose for 3 or 4 guys, must ensure not to shoot over your allocation whatever means neccesary its that simple.

junkyard_g
07-23-2013, 01:24 PM
i had to not pull the trigger on a beauty bull two years ago cause my brother (in my shared hunt) was in our favorite calling spot where we have a high success rate and i was putting around and couldn't raise him on the radio. I told him before hand i wouldnt shoot one if i couldn't get him on the radio so he didnt have to worry about it. it was tough but was the ethical thing to do.

moral of the story: if u split up give one guy priority so only one of you has to pass if you see one.

cruiser
07-24-2013, 11:04 AM
1 moose for 2 guys, 2 moose for 3 or 4 guys, must ensure not to shoot over your allocation whatever means neccesary its that simple.

Dumb question for the 1 moose 2 guys scenario. Say the area with the draw has a spike/fork GOS. If a bull is taken under the draw and recorded on both LEH forms as 'first moose', can hunter #2 keep looking for a spike/fork because of the GOS, or is he done for that region?

Moosehunter64
07-24-2013, 11:10 AM
Dumb question for the 1 moose 2 guys scenario. Say the area with the draw has a spike/fork GOS. If a bull is taken under the draw and recorded on both LEH forms as 'first moose', can hunter #2 keep looking for a spike/fork because of the GOS, or is he done for that region?
Hunter #2 still has a tag and can use it provided there is an open season where he is hunting.Your example is legal he can take a spike fork.