PDA

View Full Version : Fishing the mouth of the Cap

Whopperman
07-22-2013, 07:58 AM
Went fishing yesterday for the first time at the mouth of the Capilano river. Didn't catch anything. Used both flies and spinners and buzz bombs. Mind you I didn't see anyone else pulling in any Coho either. Any tips or tricks or was I just fishing where they weren't.

Steeleco
07-22-2013, 09:43 AM
We're you in a boat or on shore? In either case, going from memory!! We've had no rain for some time, they can smell the fresh water. Once it rains they'll show up. They're likely out in Georgia straight waiting.

adriaticum
07-22-2013, 10:25 AM
I wouldn't fish there unless there are very few people. Coho are spooked easily and as soon as you have million lines working they turn off. Same as cable pool.
Either be there first light before anyone shows up or stay home.
You are better off fishing up the canyon. I've always had better success in places where few people are willing to go.

07-22-2013, 11:58 AM
Fished there the other day and fished the low/rising tide Caught one small coho. Using small spinner and pencil lead. Some pinks were caught as well. But fairly slow all morning. There are some pockets of fish in the river but they don't seem to be interested in anything. I put every different thing I had right in front of there nose and they just sit there or casually swim away. Good luck. And if you fish ambelside watch the tide and head back to land once the island is underwater if you don't want water in your waiders.