PDA

View Full Version : Ridgedale Archers 3D Weekend

The Hermit
07-20-2013, 09:26 AM
Ridgedale.png

The Hermit
07-21-2013, 04:57 PM
Errrr this site sucks for posting pictures!!!

Aug 9, 10, 11. Ridgedale rod and Gun

Fri Fun Shoots
sat BBQ
Kitchen open 7am - 2pm daily. For info call 604.826-0552 or www.ridgedale.com

35655 Harris Rd Abbotsford

BC Quiver
08-01-2013, 09:41 PM
My son and I are looking forward to this one, should be a good time. We are going to camp there, hope the weather hold for it.

Stéphane
08-02-2013, 06:39 AM
Oh, I might go too! Since I finally can get a group with my Chek-Mate! And by a "group" let's all be generous on the size of that said group.

Cpl_Punishment
08-02-2013, 11:23 AM
Having never shot 3D before, can someone give me the readers digest version on how it works. Specifically;

1. Is is a tournament style, as in I have to shot both days or can I just show up Sunday?

2. Aside from the obvious what equipment will I need? How many arrows? Range finder? Bino's ect?

3. What kind of distance can I expect?

4. And any other info that would be helpful.

Thanks!

greybark
08-03-2013, 03:50 PM
Come up Fri after 6 and ease into this , great course . What gear are you using?
Cheers

Cpl_Punishment
08-03-2013, 10:24 PM
Ok, I'll see if I can make it Friday. Shooting a compound Bear "attack".

Stéphane
08-05-2013, 06:28 PM
Having never shot 3D before, can someone give me the readers digest version on how it works. Specifically;

1. Is is a tournament style, as in I have to shot both days or can I just show up Sunday?

2. Aside from the obvious what equipment will I need? How many arrows? Range finder? Bino's ect?

3. What kind of distance can I expect?

4. And any other info that would be helpful.

Thanks!

1. You usually go in groups. If you're by yourself, the majority of archers will take you in their groups. You shoot Styrofoam animals and the middle part(heart?) is 10 (some ranges will give you 11), 8 for the lungs and other vitals and 5 if you touch foam. No worries there will be someone in your group who will clarify for you or anyone on site for that matter. The top archers will be awarded medals for each categories. You can check over there in which you belong to. For example, compound with release and fixed pins.
1.B Depending on the club, door prizes can be awarded on both days. So, you can go only on Sunday, no problems at all.
2. Sometimes both are allowed, other time only binos. As for the arrows, it is possible to lose or break some depending on your skills and "bad luck". Lots of rocks on their course. But fun to do.
3. Good question. I know some have 50 yards target, so it is not impossible to even have a 60. Unlikely, and just a one maybe.
4. Lots of fun with like minded people. You will be hiking the west side of Sumas mountain, so dress accordingly. Often they sell food on location and you can use the range for practice too.
Because I'm not a top archer in my category (or wouldn't be in any for that matter), I compete against myself. If I do 2 or more rounds, I try to better my first score.

And like Greybark said, just go and have fun.

Riverbc
08-05-2013, 07:42 PM
sounds good.....I was shooting this morning in Salem, Oregon, at one of these things. Very cool.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpYaafikG1U

greybark
08-05-2013, 09:46 PM
Four Newbys from Chilliwack wil be there for the Fri evening start on this great week-end.
Cheers

Riverbc
08-05-2013, 09:57 PM
Errrr this site sucks for posting pictures!!!

Aug 9, 10, 11. Ridgedale rod and Gun

Fri Fun Shoots
sat BBQ
Kitchen open 7am - 2pm daily. For info call 604.826-0552 or www.ridgedale.com (http://www.ridgedale.com)

35655 Harris Rd Abbotsford

should be http://www.ridgedale.net/

Riverbc
08-08-2013, 04:45 PM
For those coming to the shoot, that live west of Abbotsford, ( Surrey, Langley) this is air show weekend, so give yourself lots of time, or use the Lougheed.