PDA

View Full Version : Squamish Pinks

albravo2
07-19-2013, 01:42 PM
First day of the pink season today. Limit two per day until further notice.

I've heard the sandbar at the mouth of the Mamquam has been productive but it is already crowded.

I'd rather see a grizzly than a bunch of other fishermen so I skipped the sandbar and went out to the Frog Pond on the Cheakamus trying to shake the cobwebs off my flycasting.

A few fish rolling, probably springs, but no bites.

Soon, grasshopper, soon.

Merch
07-24-2013, 09:13 AM
Anyone have an update on the Squamish pinks?

adriaticum
07-24-2013, 09:33 AM
Anyone have an update on the Squamish pinks?

What kind of update do you want?
The pinks are arriving and everyone and their long lost uncle, cousin, sister, brother, nephew is in Squamish.
That's why I'm not :wink:

Merch
07-24-2013, 11:50 AM
That works, going to test the crowds first thing in the morning mid week, shouldn't be too bad...

adriaticum
07-24-2013, 01:08 PM
That works, going to test the crowds first thing in the morning mid week, shouldn't be too bad...

The word is that it's busy even during the week. But for you that's a quick drive out.

albravo2
07-24-2013, 02:13 PM
people are catching them down at the junction of Squamish and Mamquam. I was there a couple nights ago, more people than fish. Still a bit early I think. I like it when they fill in to the tributaries.

I fished the river mouth in my boat this morning for an hour. Nada. Lots of seals around though. Got a few prawns and one crab, made the trip worthwhile.

adriaticum
07-24-2013, 03:02 PM
Thanks albravo
I'm sure it will be a zoo there this weekend.
I think I will give Chilliwack one last kick at the can.

Moe.JKU
07-24-2013, 04:15 PM
Thanks albravo
I'm sure it will be a zoo there this weekend.
I think I will give Chilliwack one last kick at the can.
Ill be out that way 1-3 days this weekend depending on how long my beer lasts. Might as well fish the vedder before it gets to crazy.

adriaticum
07-24-2013, 04:31 PM
Ill be out that way 1-3 days this weekend depending on how long my beer lasts. Might as well fish the vedder before it gets to crazy.
I'll be camping at Tamihi if cards fall into place correctly

andrewscag
07-25-2013, 12:24 AM
I was out on the vedder today. Saw a few springs roll but was a slow day, didnt talk to anyone who got one or heard of one hooked. I'll probably still go out tomorrow if I can. But I'm sleeping later than 530. And definitely not driving up to Squamish

Moe.JKU
07-25-2013, 09:06 AM
I'll be camping at Tamihi if cards fall into place correctly
I usually go further up, to where the cement barricades are. Which are now removed so you can go in there and camp.i might make my way down there though. If you see a tan jeep with a mossy oak sticker on the windshield its me, feel free to say hi.