PDA

View Full Version : Trail cam question

rides bike to work
07-18-2013, 10:13 PM
So I have o e moultrie and one bushell game pro right now I carry my laptop in the bush to check the pics.
The moultrie formats the pics so I can't veiw them by putting the sd card into a camera or computer if I could do that then I would just switch out the sd ccards the only to view the pics it seems is to plug the trail cam into my laptop.
i don't really want to buy a moultrie viewer at 150$
has anyone found a way around this .

TheProvider
07-18-2013, 10:42 PM
Bought a moultrie viewer for $20 at CT. never use it as I just switch out the sd card in my camera.

hunter1947
07-19-2013, 03:54 AM
Why carry your lap top into the bush ???? what I do is have a spare card for each of my trail cams I change the card in my trail cam and put a blank one in take it home and put the card on my card reader that loads the pictures into my computer..

uraarchr
07-19-2013, 07:00 AM
I just use my digital camera to view the pics.and the put the card back into the trailcam

junkyard_g
07-19-2013, 07:12 AM
with my moultire i50 i cant view the sd card contents my digital camera but my home computer reads it just fine. bought a black and white viewer for it for $50 at princess auto back in the day, don't think they carry them anymore though.

Elkaholic
07-19-2013, 07:18 AM
I run multiple Moltrie models and NONE of them format the card so I cannot read it. I just pop in an empty card take the full one check it in my laptop in my truck. I have used a mac and pc and have had no issues.

Sitkaspruce
07-19-2013, 07:29 AM
I just swap out cards from all my Cameras. I format my cards on my Digital Camera after I view them on the comp at home. I did pick up a card reader at PA and have used that as everyonce and while, the comp will not read a card. Put in the card reader and it works.

Make sure the little card protect switch is in the up position, had that happen to me once and could not figure it out for a few min.

Cheers

SS

Mikey Rafiki
07-19-2013, 07:54 AM
I run multiple Moltrie models and NONE of them format the card so I cannot read it. I just pop in an empty card take the full one check it in my laptop in my truck. I have used a mac and pc and have had no issues.

What he's saying is the card won't read in a digital camera. Works just fine in a laptop or computer.

I have the same Moultrie camera and have the same issue. I have tried the card in a dozen different digital cameras and it won't read. Pain in the ass and I would not have bought the Moultrie if I knew this was the case since I do enjoy looking at the pictures right away sometimes, plus I don't have a laptop to bring out in the bush for a few days if I'm using my trail cameras. Works fine on a computer. Don't have any such issues with my Primos.

1980skywalker
07-19-2013, 10:26 PM
Get a different camera, sounds like a pain in the ass. I have found that most of the cameras are flawed, sounds like a good example, get a new one.