PDA

View Full Version : bear loin....

nuadixion
07-18-2013, 09:21 PM
...I usually slow cook all my bear meat, but I wonder if there is another way of doing loins....maybe pounding medallions and them bbq them? I would like to utilize the bbq. All ideas are appreciated.

Pioneerman
07-18-2013, 09:27 PM
I generally bbq bear steaks and burgers just like I do everything else, I just make sure it is not rare.

Marc
07-18-2013, 09:30 PM
Bear loins on the BBQ are amazing, I' e cooked he whole tender loin in one piece and it was tender and moist!

nuadixion
07-18-2013, 10:33 PM
Bear loins on the BBQ are amazing, I' e cooked he whole tender loin in one piece and it was tender and moist!
care to share your recipe?
thank you

Foxton Gundogs
07-19-2013, 07:16 AM
I hammed all my loins and cold smoked them will finish them on the Q with more of the brine recipe I used only made up as a glaze.

buckhunter
07-19-2013, 08:14 AM
Bear loins on the BBQ are amazing, I' e cooked he whole tender loin in one piece and it was tender and moist! i just threw some spices on it and tossed it on the bbq. turned out pretty good.

"No Choke"Lord Walsingham
07-20-2013, 03:14 PM
Try any of your favourite BBQ pork recipes for your Bear.

Additionally I have been thinking of concocting a glaze for it... I may try one for waterfowl on it and see what I think.

Surrey Boy
07-20-2013, 04:23 PM
Barbecued bear is a summer tradition for myself. Rotisserie basted, usually. Ribs are great if they're not shot up.

nuadixion
07-21-2013, 08:40 PM
last thing i did was a roast seared for few minutes in bear fat at high temp and then thrown into slow cooker with rosemary for 4 hrs.
It was the best thing ever.
whatever i do on bbq never works for me...except burgers......last ribs i did were seared first and then smoked for few hrs.....came out a bit to dry for my liking.....
should i boil the meat first then Q it?

HarryToolips
07-21-2013, 10:05 PM
Man I wish I got a bear this spring..damn why'd I let that one go now I'm stuck eatin salad instead of bear steaks..

nuadixion
07-21-2013, 10:34 PM
Man I wish I got a bear this spring..damn why'd I let that one go now I'm stuck eatin salad instead of bear steaks..
....that sucks....i would not mind sharing the meat with you....if you want just let me know; we could arrange it ....its very good.

sallovesbeer
09-30-2013, 08:51 PM
...I usually slow cook all my bear meat, but I wonder if there is another way of doing loins....maybe pounding medallions and them bbq them? I would like to utilize the bbq. All ideas are appreciated.check out my marinade recipe I posted earlier today. It is perfect for bear loins and super easy too! It's posted in the wild game recipes section

nuadixion
10-01-2013, 08:46 AM
check out my marinade recipe I posted earlier today. It is perfect for bear loins and super easy too! It's posted in the wild game recipes section
Thats funny... I was just planing to that to .....it will be t loin cubed and made into shishkabobs on BBQ.
Will let you know how it turns out.
Thanks