PDA

View Full Version : cancellation hunts

srupp
07-16-2013, 02:46 PM
Anyone here ever use cancellation hunt ? I s there much savings/worth it???

Thinking of Yukon or Alaska dall sheep...

Srupp

264mag
07-16-2013, 02:55 PM
I have not but have used the Guide Outfitters Association website. The hunt finder section allows you to post an ad with your type of hunt, budget and time. The outfitters can reply to you if interested. Many of them use it to fill un booked spots or cancellations. I have used it twice with great success.

srupp
07-16-2013, 04:44 PM
I have not but have used the Guide Outfitters Association website. The hunt finder section allows you to post an ad with your type of hunt, budget and time. The outfitters can reply to you if interested. Many of them use it to fill un booked spots or cancellations. I have used it twice with great success.

Thank You

Steven

Rackmastr
07-16-2013, 04:54 PM
Some VERY huge savings in recent years on cancellation hunts for Dalls especially.....best thing is to email a list of outfitters and get on their email list. I've seen a handful of great opportunities for savings in the past couple years though if you can leave on short notice.

yukon john
07-16-2013, 05:38 PM
Sometimes I move a cancellation hunt last minute for 30-50% off. From an outfitters perspective you just want to keep the guide busy if.someone drops out last minute. If I were you call up Tim mervyn at yukonsheep.com he runs arguably the best horseback dall outfit and with around 20-25 sheep hunters a year he is bound to have some cancellations

srupp
07-16-2013, 06:56 PM
As usual great suggestions that truly are appreciated....hmmm I even know one of Tims horse ranglers...lol

REGARDS

steven