PDA

View Full Version : 7-28 Chuchi lake moose draw

BCOUTDOORED
07-15-2013, 04:06 PM
my buddy has the draw and we are headed there oct 10th we are taking a 23 ft jet boat hunting on the lake . never been there . anybody been? can i drift down into the nation river how far? any help would be great!! thanks

solo
07-16-2013, 03:59 PM
We canoed the chain five years ago. Did not go into the river below Chuchi lake, though. The river above Chuchi had a log jam at the time, and we had to portage it. Was awesome country, with lots of fish and game. We got a few flat tires on the road in, the gravel is sharp.

CHEAM
07-16-2013, 04:46 PM
The river is good for a long ways I think. But DO NOT go down from the lake. Trailer the boat down to the the bridge below the lake and launch there. That's where I seen most of the moose sign. Bring a fishing rod. Look on google earth as there are some swamp just off the river that you can not see. We were down there with prop boats and had no problems. Careful around the mouth of the river at the out flow. Lots of two foot tall rocks in two and half feet of water with no current to see them with. The info is from twenty years ago so keep that in mind. Good luck

BCOUTDOORED
07-17-2013, 07:17 AM
thanks bud!!!!!!!!!