PDA

View Full Version : Dirtbike helmet for hunting

mungojeerie
07-13-2013, 10:18 PM
Was thinking about trying a dirt bike out for hunting this upcoming season. My buddy said he has a 89 Honda 250 in good shape that I can have so Im gonna give it a go.

I need to get a helmet, was hoping to find something relatively cheap. What type of helmet do you guys use? I would like something I can shoot with on, so If I have to jump off and hammer something quick I dont want to worry with fumbling to get a helmet off.

Any suggestions? what works for you guys?

swampthing
07-14-2013, 08:32 AM
Good on you for wearing a helmut. I used to ride my atv without a helmut while hunting. Back in my day I raced atvs cross country in the expert class. I felt I could never hurt myself while just putting around road hunting. One day I found myself pinned under my upside down machine. The handlebars were on my head. I came out of it with just a bloody lip and bruised ego. Soon after I found a cheap open face camo helmut. The helmut is small enough that I can shoot a scoped rifle with it on. I always wear it now.

RINO
07-14-2013, 02:53 PM
Hockey helmet??
Rugby helmet???

Ozone
07-14-2013, 03:22 PM
Hockey helmet??
Rugby helmet???
If your riding your bike or quad on a FSR it must be DOT approved.

RINO
07-14-2013, 03:38 PM
So I guess I better get some stickers for my toque..:-D

russm
07-14-2013, 07:20 PM
Just get yourself an open face basic motirbike helmet from somewhere, maybe cut out some of the check where you'd rest on the stock incase you have to shoot with it on.